Why do some women always have to play hard to get?

Road Runner

On my bike commute, I have been regularly chatting up this hawt gray-haired biker chick.  She keeps showing off her cameltoe to me in her tight spandex shorts.   :)

I have seen her admiring my package on many occasions as well.   :nod head:   But when I ask her out for a drink, she just acts coy and says no thanks.

Why do women act this way?  I know she wants it.  She knows she wants it.  All women want it (I'm pretty hot), but they seem to think that they have to play these games or we will think they are slutty.   :(

In spite of her objections, I am thinking that a couple more weeks of her seeing me and my boys will finally do the trick.  Or should I back off and let her eventually come to me?   :scratch head:

This was my favorite individual post all day.

Yay!

• Heart 1

At some point, I made a rule.  If someone played hard to get on more than one occasion, I stopped trying.

One of three things will happen:

1) If they were interested enough, they'll come back around.

2) If they weren't interested (but were in the attention), drama is over.  Drama sucks anyway.

3) If they were interested, but hard-to-get is a way of life (in which case they'll probably give up because you didn't "chase hard enough"), do you really want them?  I usually found that was a sign of being a pain-in-the-rear.  I'm not willing to deal with someone who strings me along.  It usually meant manipulation, teasing, or someone full of themselves.  It never meant I found any kind of enjoyable dating relationship.

• Heart 2

At some point, I made a rule. If someone played hard to get on more than one occasion, I stopped trying.

One of three things will happen:

1) If they were interested enough, they'll come back around.

2) If they weren't interested (but were in the attention), drama is over. Drama sucks anyway.

3) If they were interested, but hard-to-get is a way of life (in which case they'll probably give up because you didn't "chase hard enough"), do you really want them? I usually found that was a sign of being a pain-in-the-rear. I'm not willing to deal with someone who strings me along. It usually meant manipulation, teasing, or someone full of themselves. It never meant I found any kind of enjoyable dating relationship.

Yeah, I was never into those kinds of games.

Awww - too bad this is a Parr8y, RR.  When I first saw the thread, I though - cool! he met an Emily Lou Harris chick on a bike - good for him!

But siriusly, funny this thread should be here right when I am reading the book "Powers of Two", about how two people are the optimal setting for creativity.  The chapter on eroticism in the section on distance is going on and on about how there is a constant dynamic of the desire being fueled by distance.  Think aboot all romantic comedies - there is always that loss thing going on.

So maybe the gray-haired chick is just playing the game to fuel your desire. :D

• Heart 1

Awww - too bad this is a Parr8y, RR.  When I first saw the thread, I though - cool! he met an Emily Lou Harris chick on a bike - good for him!

Yes, that WOULD be cool.  If it was Emmylou on a bike, her reticence with regard to my advances would be quite understandable, though.   :(