The Jets Fan Punching a Woman

Nate

ok, so now I suppose we are to get all bent out of shape because some stupid Pats fan got what she had coming to her. Fair enough. Let's all climb on our high horses because a man hitting a woman is wrong, right?

not so fast, there, equality breath!

If chicks really are equal, (and I'mjust putting that idea forward for the sake of argument) then when they start yelling and pushing us around they should be punched out, like they were a man! to do otherwise would be to give them special treatment and tacitly admit that women are inferior.

now let's look at this incident for what it is, rather than taking the emotional knee jerk reaction our media is fostering. Let's look at the facts:

1) the bitch was wearing a Pats jersey

2) She was upset at having the Pats get beat by the likes of the Jets, and took it out on an innocent Jets fan who was only trying to have a good time at the game

3) she pushed first

By all the laws of the schoolyard, if she were a man, she would almost have to be punched in order to preserve the natural laws embodied in the Code of the Schoolyard

So the Jets fan was only recognizing her inherent equality and acting in a way congruent with the value that women are equal to men.

This should be a proud moment for feminists. No longer are they in a second class like the WNBA. No, they are full participants in an even contest where men and women are on equal terms!

you've come a long way, baby

I didn't read the story, but both parties are guilty.  She should not have shoved, he should not have punched.

What has violence ever solved?

I forgot that this was one of your Pats fans! :P

now we all know that this was meat puppetry of the highest order, but what about the idea that its wrong to hit women?

Now, I believe that it is wrong to hit women, but I also believe that equal under the law and "equal" are not the same thing

so in a sense, punching her out is actually a gesture that shows that the Jets fan thinks of her as a true equal, and whacky as that sounds

I won't hit a woman because I don't think it is a fair fight. That must mean I don't believe that women are really equal

I forgot that this was one of your Pats fans! :P

now we all know that this was meat puppetry of the highest order, but what about the idea that its wrong to hit women?

Now, I believe that it is wrong to hit women, but I also believe that equal under the law and "equal" are not the same thing

so in a sense, punching her out is actually a gesture that shows that the Jets fan thinks of her as a true equal, and whacky as that sounds

I won't hit a woman because I don't think it is a fair fight. That must mean I don't believe that women are really equal

I'm a fair weather fan, this season the weather has been pretty foul.

Any, for me it's a little simpler.  I can't imagine what it would take to provoke me to hit anyone.  I'm not a little guy, and I suspect I could do a fair amount of damage if I hit someone. 

Regardless I would never hit a woman.  Not sure why, wasn't raised that way, went to a technical high school where 1/2 of the "girls" could have kicked my ass.  Just feels wrong.  That doesn't mean I'd let myself be hit by one, I'd just defend myself without fighting back.

now let me reset this moral question...

all of us agree that men hitting women is wrong

but I'm saying that this idea (as right as it is) is actually predjudiced against women. We do not see them as equal to us (which they aren't when it comes to actual physical strength and earning potential) and because we do not see them as truly equal, we are nothing more than paternalist, mesegonistic hypocrits who really do not think of women as our equals, but feel that we are to protect them as they are the weaker and more inferior sex

We do not see them as equal to us (which they aren't when it comes to actual physical strength and earning potential) and because we do not see them as truly equal, we are nothing more than paternalist, mesegonistic hypocrits who really do not think of women as our equals, but feel that we are to protect them as they are the weaker and more inferior sex

And your point is?

Women (overall) are physically inferior.  That doesn't mean they themselves are inferior, just less capable than men physically.

I think their emotional awareness and intelligence is far superior to men.

Are we meant to be equal?

And your point is?

Women (overall) are physically inferior.  That doesn't mean they themselves are inferior, just less capable than men physically.

I think their emotional awareness and intelligence is far superior to men.

Are we meant to be equal?

well, one of my points is that if women want to be equal, they need to learn how to take a punch better than that

but you do realize that employment equality means that women can apply for jobs they physically can't do and yet if you don't hire them based on the fact that they are a woman, you have just broken the law

if you talk to a real feminist, they will argue that women can do anything men can do. I know. I work  with many of them.

I think the guy that is commentating on the video is indicitive of why we are a society full of wussies. I'd kick that punks ass on the way to a fight. If we let little girls like him into broadcasting then we are really losing our way.

in case you forgot, this is what an American looks like

john_wayne_american.jpg

Ok, from this, the chick was asking for it and the guy was defending himself.  Clear as day.  The other chick should have gotten punched, too.

In all seriousness, being a chick gives you no license to start punching anyone because of that "it is wrong to hit a girl" crap.  You start something by hitting someone, you should be prepared to get beat to within an inch of your life, no matter what gender you are.  We can't see what happened before, but from what was viewable, the chicks were the clear aggressors.

• Heart 2

Ok, from this, the chick was asking for it and the guy was defending himself.  Clear as day.  The other chick should have gotten punched, too.

In all seriousness, being a chick gives you no license to start punching anyone because of that "it is wrong to hit a girl" crap.  You start something by hitting someone, you should be prepared to get beat to within an inch of your life, no matter what gender you are.  We can't see what happened before, but from what was viewable, the chicks were the clear aggressors.

I forgot to mention that the Patriots and their fans are a bunch of donkey-raping shid eaters, sorry about this glaring omission. 

sorry....the guy could have simply blocked her advances....no need to punch her like that.

Also he had been pulled out and was being restrained, so no need for her to come running in there like that.  Since she did, she deserved it.

Also he had been pulled out and was being restrained, so no need for her to come running in there like that.  Since she did, she deserved it.

I am agreeing with Indy here, chicks that will punch you will also try to claw you.  If that guy was a threat, he was pulled away and was out of the immediate proximity, and that chick wasn't just checking back in to tell knock-knock jokes, she was charging in again to cause damage.  Agressive people need to be aggressively defended against.

I am agreeing with Indy here, chicks that will punch you will also try to claw you.  If that guy was a threat, he was pulled away and was out of the immediate proximity, and that chick wasn't just checking back in to tell knock-knock jokes, she was charging in again to cause damage.  Agressive people need to be aggressively defended against.

A simple boot to the solar plexus will block most people.

A simple boot to the solar plexus will block most people.

So you would rather him kicked her in the gut then punch her in the head.  What if she happened to be pregnant?  No, punch to the head was definitely the correct and safest way to deal with her while reducing possible pending litigation.

So you would rather him kicked her in the gut then punch her in the head.  What if she happened to be pregnant?  No, punch to the head was definitely the correct and safest way to deal with her while reducing possible pending litigation.

Yeah, preggo bitches be crazy!  My sincerest apologies to any preggo bitches that are on the forum today.

OK, playing devil's advocate against my anti-violence stance.

I practiced karate for a short while with my son many years ago, and gave it a little try again a year ago.  Both times I was hit by a girl (among many other people).  The first time was a black belt about my size, I think she cracked one of my ribs.  It made weird crunching noises for about a year.  The second time I got kicked in the mouth by a 12 year old girl - never saw it coming, I thanked her for some good sparring and for teaching me a lesson.

I guess I can still see defending myself, maybe even pushing / hitting back, but a direct punch to the face is a bit much.

I said block...not kick.

Block, kick, only difference is how quickly you get your foot up, make a late move and you have a kick.

And either way, someone will claim that he then kicked her.

then don't make a late move......

So stick your foot out early, be off balance and get taking out yourself.

Of course since it was at a football game, I think a nice clean form tackle would've been the most appropriate way, but hard to do when you got blockers holding you.  Should've been a flag on the play, by the way for the blatant holding.

So stick your foot out early, be off balance and get taking out yourself.

Of course since it was at a football game, I think a nice clean form tackle would've been the most appropriate way, but hard to do when you got blockers holding you.  Should've been a flag on the play, by the way for the blatant holding.

definitely.....a good tackle would have been enjoyable.

Watching the video, you can see at about 1 minute in, some dude and another chick were punching the dude in the face a while being separated. At this point I would have to say the dude was in defensive mode and totally understandable that it would be natural for anyone to swing back in defense while approached by another showing aggression.