Who is getting more snow?

Wilbur

Just now, Razors Edge said:

But never too soon to start snacking on ice cream sandwiches and writing notes!

All my thank you notes for Christmas were written with the last ones being sent this past Monday, :nodhead:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Depending on who you ask they're saying 3-5" or 4-6" for a pretty wide swath of this general area, with some lucky (or unlucky) folks getting a bit more depending on where the more intense bands set up.  This would be our first measurable snow of the season.  We got nothing out of the snowstorm that hit VA/MD.

• Heart 1

9 " OVERNIGHT

18 " 24 HRS

32 " 48 HRS

The Rendezvous Bowl Plot received 111 inches of snow in December, which is above the long-term average of 89 inches and is the highest December snowfall total since 2016. The Town of Jackson received 26.2 inches of snow in December, which is also above the long-term average of 18.1 inches.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

No luck for you ChrisL. She’s coming with her posse of boy toys.

Fortunately the boy toy opted out on the trip.  Too busy to take a week off.  My only hope now is the MIL will shorten her trip to be with him. 

It still cracks me up when she says to WOChrisL she has to cancel her bridge club meetings as she’s “Vacationing in California”.  Is that what old people say or is she trying to sound bougie?  I mean she sits on my couch, eats & watches soaps all day.  Is that really “vacationing”? 

• Haha 1

Believe it or not,  we got some snow. 😄

At one time,  there was about twice as much shown in the pic.  Down here we don't deal with the single digit Temps but riding just below the mountains,  it sure feels cooler on a bike ride. 

20220104_112330.jpg

• Heart 1

For tonight/tomorrow I'm on the edge between a 3/6 and a 6/9 zone, hopefully closer to the 3/6.  Not a real big deal.  Schools will probably close.  My driveway plowing service will come sometime tomorrow to do the buld of the driveway.  I'll probably have to take the electric snow blower out to clear around the cars and upper driveway.  Youngest son will have to drive to work at the school to clear snow.  He has a Subaru Outback though so it's sort of normal for this time of year.

Not a disaster.  No ice cream sandwiches or thankyou notes necessary.  It's called winter.  I hate winter.

• Haha 1

We're supposed to get only 2" to 4" Thurs Nite - Friday AM, mostly during dark hours, But there won't be much melting Friday and Saturday as the temps stay cold.

The roads and sidewalks are almost entirely clear of Monday's 6" snowfall.  Sunday the forecast is for rain and hopefully it won't end up frozen on the roads.

Our Extended-family Christmas Gift Exchange and Dinner, delayed until Sat. Jan 8th because someone caught COVID, may be delayed again - but hopefully we can do it Sunday if so.  The party is at my brother's house and he's asst. manager of a Maryland State Roads Commission warehouse, so we should get a good idea how much they intend to attack the snowfall during the weekend.

Fortunately, I was able to shop early Tuesday for all of the stuff I need for more than a week - before the store shelves got emptied.

image.thumb.png.106e063a2e07e73685a090457f0f94ff.png

image.thumb.png.36e6b645804e6bdb010485ef7f47cced.png

They have closed Teton Pass and Hoback Canyon for avalanche mitigation. 

Teton County Road and Levee advise the public of No Unnecessary Travel on County-maintained Roads through Friday.  Road conditions throughout Teton County are deteriorating in condition and the weather is expected to worsen throughout the day, with the current Winter Storm Warning expiring at 11:00 p.m. this evening.  

• Hugs 1

Current forecast for our snowstorm tonight:

total snow range, heaviest snow period, Source

1-3 inches, 1 am - 5 am, National Weather Service - I think every other source gets its information from this source!

2-4 inches, 12 am - 4 am, WBAL (NBC) TV

3-5 inches, 10 pm - 2 am, WJZ   (CBS) TV

3-6 inches, 10 pm - 6 am, Accuweather

1-2 inches, after 10 pm, LocalConditions.com

I'll tell you how much we got tomorrow AM

Midnight and no snow yet, 4 hours after it was supposed to start.

We are supposed to get 1" to 6" of snow, depending on the source, from a fast-moving storm that will be out of the area around 6 am.

I'm hoping that means we'll be closer to 1" because we're not forecast to have warm days like we had after the 6" on Monday that cleared the sidewalks and roads.

Our extended family is having Christmas Dinner/Gifts on Saturday, weather permitting - delayed by a case of COVID.

• Heart 1

13" so far and still snowing lightly.  The only socially redeeming value is that it's fluff snow.  I might be able to clear some areas with a leaf blower.  I'll go out with the electric snowblower after noon when the storm has passed.  This is the sort of snow that machine was made for.

May be an image of 1 person, standing and snow

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

2" of super fine/light snow overnight.  Just blowing in the wind now.

I took a walk at lunch and also scraped off the car.  Closer to 4" of snow than the original 2" it looked like.  

It's actually nice as it covered the ice, and is way easier & safer to walk on.

Thank you, Mr. Sun!

After 2-3" of snow overnight, it was sunny but windy and the high was 29° and there was snow on everything at 10 am.

At 1:30 I went outside and there wasn't any snow on the front porch, very little on the steps, and the sidewalks - 200 feet of them - had magically shoveled themselves clear of snow except for about 20 feet.  I had to brush the snow of the car and the back porch and was done in 20 minutes.  So I took a little extra time to clear the little bit of remaining snow from the street around my car.