Promotion on the horizon

Gump

1 minute ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

You'll be the supervisor.  Move your office out to the woods.

Declare it is part of your efforts to reduce the spread of covid by maintaining distance from the Director and people that will work for you.

I am already working on a list of reasons not to be in that building any more than I have to. What sucks is my current office is located on a 100 acre property. We have ski/ hiking trails so you can get some fresh air. That office is in the city, really a big town, so pretty much stuck there.

• Heart 2

28 minutes ago, Gump said:

My direct supervisor retired in December of 2021. This morning our Director asked if I would take the position if he requested approval to fill it. May take a month or so but looks like I may be getting a new office. The only downside is less time in the woods.

Cool. Let me know when you need a bigger belt.  :) 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, Gump said:

So the new position is posted to be filled. My immediate supervisor said last week that interviews would be soon. Our Director makes it sound like there is no question I have it. Everyone in that office seems to already know I will be going there. So who knows. I just did the employment application and updated my 10 year old resume. Time will tell.

Is it a window office?  How high up?  

2 hours ago, Gump said:

So the new position is posted to be filled. My immediate supervisor said last week that interviews would be soon. Our Director makes it sound like there is no question I have it. Everyone in that office seems to already know I will be going there. So who knows. I just did the employment application and updated my 10 year old resume. Time will tell.

Good luck!

On 1/6/2022 at 11:40 AM, Gump said:

Director asked if I would take the position if he requested approval to fill it.

On 1/6/2022 at 12:01 PM, Gump said:

That office is in the city, really a big town, so pretty much stuck there.

Just incase you didn't notice... most Hallmark Movies start out with this exact scenario.   There is a possible promotion in a different city.   ;)

Good luck... 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Just incase you didn't notice... most Hallmark Movies start out with this exact scenario.   There is a possible promotion in a different city.   ;)

Good luck... 

the biggest change will be whether I drove 15 miles SE or NW.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 1:33 PM, Bikeguy said:

Good luck... 

But he is already married. Wouldn’t make a Hallmark movie. They use people that are only engaged to the wrong person. They don’t break up marriages.

3 hours ago, Gump said:

Been a few months but I accepted the promotion this afternoon. Will still spend a couple days a week in my current office and the rest in our Regional office. Fortunately I live between the two.

:cheerleader: