My edible stats for the year

Longjohn

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

Have you tried sardines? They are better than canned tuna. Add some hot sauce. You can thank me later.

I eat quite a bit of sardines but I didn’t list everything I eat. I was trying to get it posted before the “audible” thread got too far away.

• Awesome 1

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

20# skinless boneless chicken

20# salmon

10# haddock

5# tuna steaks

40 cans of tuna

35 romaine hearts

6 heads of iceberg lettuce 

30# sweet potatoes

60# white potatoes

50 cartons of organic fat free milk

* all numbers are estimates, I don’t keep track

Good Stuff.  I've got a few pounds of frozen haddock in the freezer and have to work them into my 2022 weight loss program.

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Longjohn said:

20# skinless boneless chicken

20# salmon

10# haddock

5# tuna steaks

40 cans of tuna

35 romaine hearts

6 heads of iceberg lettuce 

30# sweet potatoes

60# white potatoes

50 cartons of organic fat free milk

* all numbers are estimates, I don’t keep track

Interesting estimate ...different way of remembering annual food take.

For 2021, my estimates:

• For certain, eaten less than  total of 4 potatoes in 2021. I don't make/order potato salad nor do I buy potatoes for  home. It would be eating out, which during a pandemic, was limited.
  • 25 lbs. of lean beef  (I eat 2-3 fistfuls of meat per  month)
  • Too many teabags / day.  Probably 4-5 / day.  Yes, be shocked.  They are: Red Rose,  Twining's Earl Grey, jasmine loose tea, matcha tea.  When at office, I drank alot of coffee.
  • 50 lbs. of salmon, trout, shrimp  (fillets, sometimes I buy a whole cleaned, little or big fish each time, cut it up and freeze it)
  • 10 tins of sardines, salmon & tuna
  • 1 carton of 2 litres of skim milk = 4.2 pints / wk. 
  • 15 lbs of peas (excludes shell.)
  • Certain types of pasta
  • Probably at least 3 bushels of bok choy, shanghai choy, spinach and yu choy
  • 30 lbs. of butternut squash  (I bike home with 2-3 squash, each trip)
  • 1 litre of yogurt = 2.1 pints / wk.  (yes, I have a pile of cleaned empty yogurt containers.) 

What is organic  fat-free milk? Sounds like an oxymoron.

Sorry for this mix of  measurements...sometimes I do begin thinking imperial for certain food measurements...I didn't learn metric until I was around 13 years old when Canada was rolling out metric for kids. Have some bad habits of split thinking. I'm sure  Rattlecan, Zephyr and Wilbur will wonder about their inept comrade.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

What is organic  fat-free milk? Sounds like an oxymoron.

It’s organic because it’s supposedly made without the use of chemicals and fat free is just another name for skim milk, all the fat has been removed. I buy it mostly because it’s ultra pasteurized and keeps in the fridge for a couple months.I avoid saturated fat because I don’t want to clog my stents.

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

It’s organic because it’s supposedly made without the use of chemicals and fat free is just another name for skim milk, all the fat has been removed. I buy it mostly because it’s ultra pasteurized and keeps in the fridge for a couple months.I avoid saturated fat because I don’t want to clog my stents.

I know that people have complained about skim milk. But I find ours fine. When I've travelled in the US. whenever I've had skim milk,  it doesn't not taste as pleasant. I can't explain it. 

Just now, shootingstar said:

I know that people have complained about skim milk. But I find ours fine. When I've travelled in the US. whenever I've had skim milk,  it doesn't not taste as pleasant. I can't explain it. 

The organic I think tastes better, it cost more but there is no waste. When I bought regular milk I wasn’t using it up fast enough and it would go bad and I’d give it to the cats. They are not picky, they like sour milk.