Weekend plans as we come to the end of week 1..2022

petitepedal

We're having our delayed-by-someone-getting-COVID, extended-local-family, Christmas Dinner and gift exchange (White Elephant Game) on Saturday - weather permitting.

Depending on the source, we're supposed to get between 1" and 8" of snow over the next 10 hours.

It was supposed to start snowing at 8pm and it hasn't starting yet at 10 pm.  I hope that pushes us closer to 1".

Tomorrow, Friday, I'm preparing about 25 raw golabkis (Polish Stuffed Cabbage) and the stuff that goes with it in a 6 qt. Instant Pot inner pot. It will sit in the fridge until I take it to the party, add the last of the tomato sauce, plug-in the Instant Pot and pressure cook it for 25 min, the entire process taking an hour.

So I hope we know for sure by tomorrow afternoon that the party is still on for either Saturday or Sunday, or I'll have to cook it at home, freeze the batch and heat it next weekend - it will still be very good but not its best.

20210103_195549_900p.jpg.4510cfc32f7f6d9fb6af3a4e5024867e.jpg 20210103_174524_900p.jpg.e3430b70e6178c4820e90da619bede2d.jpg

The dreaded MIL arrives Friday night. Assuming I don’t have the rona she’ll be with us for the next 3 weeks.  My sister wants to have lunch Sunday in downtown LA’s China Town which is a delayed bday lunch.  Hopefully get a ride in on Saturday.  

What do you think the odds are the MIL hits us up for a spendy meal on the first weekend???

9 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Fighting off the crud (sniffles, sore threat, never ending cough). Need to get some car maintenance done Saturday and shop for plumbing supplies with BuffCarla. If I feel Ok, will host my mom for Beef Barley soup on Sunday. 

These are the omicron symptoms. With your lung condition please get tested 

• Thank You 1

Some work around the house and well enough now that should be able to mow the lawn and missed the 'final' mow of the season.  May go back to the beach like I did yesterday. I should note that the last parking area is "clothing optional" but no one was taking advantage of it as I walked around with my camera. :whistle: Photo below was at parking area 3 (of 5).

Canaveral New Smyrna 2500px-12.jpg

• Heart 1

Forecast is for a cold weekend, so indoor stuff is preferable. Take down Christmas decor and pack it away. I’m going to look at what would be safe to store in the crawl space. Vacuum, sweep, and dust. Mop the kitchen, it’s been a while. I forgot to mention that I shoveled the front patio and driveway this morning. Couple inches of dry fluffy snow. Quick work.