I haven't even been on the track yet

BR46

And I can tell you already that I won't be back at Daytona in the future. 

I feel that we are treated like shit here. 

These two camping spots cost me $240 no hookups. 

20220106_181010.thumb.jpg.2abaab2b3eaa6060c54b94e4c5cdb5aa.jpg

The bathroom across the road is locked. The next closest is about 800ft away 

20220106_181021.thumb.jpg.f6ecd524477ea235bd3fd21447721252.jpg

we are camping about a half a mile from our garage and we can move closer a upgrade our camping spots for and.......drum roll.........$260!!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 6

Also, I don't know why softball doesn't jump on this.  I can usually stay in a parking lot for free.  But it can get a little dicey as far as getting permission, etc.  I would be fine if they charged campers 50 bucks and just let us stay there without fear of being kicked out.  

18 minutes ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

I would not suggest that 'someone' who happens to be on site - and in possession of a wide assortment of tools - proceed during the early morning hours to 'unlock' the bathroom.

Owl bet the BR46 family has an even better set of tools than a tv repairman. :D

• Haha 3

It's nice to have the experience if only to know what you're not missing.   Very often "big name" attractions can charge more due to the demand, but when you get there you see you it's not really worth it to you.  I feel that way about a number of fancy restaurants.  I can see some are worth splurging with more than I'd normally spend due to the food, atmosphere and overall experience but others seem to be charging for reputation and don't merit the $$$.

I hope you can enjoy the good parts of the experience just to have done it.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 2

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

Could be reduced workforce keeping the bathroom closed. It’s that way in a lot of places. That’s a high price for camping, though. Especially with no hook up to brew your morning coffee. 

The joy of racing is still in there somewhere?

I was warned by other racers about racing here and everything they told is true. 

When we race Barber the racers are treated like Rock Stars. 

• Awesome 1

24 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I was warned by other racers about racing here and everything they told is true. 

When we race Barber the racers are treated like Rock Stars. 

You may never go back but at least you will have the experience stored away.  The pilgrimage has to be done once just because.  I paid $100 just for three laps on the wrong side of the car with one leg jammed on each side of the Petty bar.  Glad I did it that once.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

You may never go back but at least you will have the experience stored away.  The pilgrimage has to be done once just because.  I paid $100 just for three laps on the wrong side of the car with one leg jammed on each side of the Petty bar.  Glad I did it that once.

Yeah, that is pretty darn cheap for a good memory. 

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

So, a camping spot in Daytona, in January (when alllll the sneaubirds are south for the winter), is spendy?

Maybe you ought to try it in July, when the asphalt transforms into its liquid state. The rates are prolly better then. ;)

It's a great place in July.  They race at night then.