I am not enthused by this snow at all

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by Razors Edge,

• Solution
42 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I know, I should be.

Only if you've been dropped on your head and don't have a life to lead!

Snow - not on ski slopes - sucks.  Sure, it's pretty, but then...

...well, and then it sucks. Until it melts and you can get outside again.

• Heart 1

22 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Darn right! You're in NEW YORK!  STEAL A FAT BIKE, like a man!

The only fat bikes in the city are electric fat bikes piloted by black teens, modified to go way faster than legally allowed, often ridden the wrong way on one-way streets while riders are not wearing helmets and generally showing no regard to other traffic, and with loud speakers lashed to them.  No thanks.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The only fat bikes in the city are electric fat bikes piloted by black teens, modified to go way faster than legally allowed, often ridden the wrong way on one-way streets while riders are not wearing helmets and generally showing no regard to other traffic, and with loud speakers lashed to them.  No thanks.

Your city is a trip. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Modified?  They come unrestricted and remain unrestricted.  The cheapest ebike on the web has not a single limit on it.   

There are different laws in different areas, you know.  25 mph is the limit, and limiters on the bike are supposed to limit above that.  Maybe I am wrong about the limiter part, but thought that was the law.  

Anyway, you shouldn't have dumbfuckery running rampant at 40mph with no helmet and no motor vehicle training at the age of 14.  More than a nuisance here.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

There are different laws in different areas, you know.  25 mph is the limit, and limiters on the bike are supposed to limit above that.  Maybe I am wrong about the limiter part, but thought that was the law.  

Law, schmaw!  What mechanism is in place in NYC or anywhere in the US to enforce ebike speed regulations?  Places like Europe may get away with it by having national or EU level reqs, but in the US, where it is granular at best, how would any authority figure out how to enforce such a dopey rule?

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Law, schmaw!  What mechanism is in place in NYC or anywhere in the US to enforce ebike speed regulations?  Places like Europe may get away with it by having national or EU level reqs, but in the US, where it is granular at best, how would any authority figure out how to enforce such a dopey rule?

image.png.361981db7bed77f64b142ddc3e92749f.png

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1