Picnic triathlon

dinneR

You’re as good a person to ask as anyone I know, @denniS…. How do solo free climbers get down? They repel down the mountain face they just ascended? They wander down the “easy side of the mountain? There’s some kind of shuttle service waiting at the top? Non-alpinists want to know.

Ok, I think I know they repel, but how much hardware do they have to leave on a mountain? That stuff looks spendy!

35 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You’re as good a person to ask as anyone I know, @denniS…. How do solo free climbers get down? They repel down the mountain face they just ascended? They wander down the “easy side of the mountain? There’s some kind of shuttle service waiting at the top? Non-alpinists want to know.

Ok, I think I know they repel, but how much hardware do they have to leave on a mountain? That stuff looks spendy!

Very carefully.

Alex Honnold took the trail. I had the same question watching the Alpinist. I'll ask my GF. We were watching it and she said he was using the worst ice tools. Her garage looks like a climbing shop. Ice climbing tools, mountaineering, rock climbing, haul bags, quick draws, cams. 

This is her going down, but she does not free solo. She did solo climb Prodigal son in Zion. It took two days so you sleep in the wall. She has spent multiple nights sleeping on El Cap.

Fear - Mountain Tactical Institute

http://thealoof.tristanhigbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/1angelslandingtopo.jpg

• Awesome 1