Jackson Hole leads nation in per capita COVID cases

dinneR

We're #1 and not in a good way.

https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/the_hole_scroll/jackson-hole-leads-nation-in-per-capita-covid-cases/article_e99ce506-5052-5194-bc79-c7c4130a574f.html

The New York Times coronavirus dashboard shows Teton County leading the nation in daily COVID-19 cases.

With a daily average of 539 cases per 100,000 residents, Teton County beats out Miami-Dade, Florida, and New York City with 525 and 472 average daily cases per 100,000, respectively.

Omicron surge NYTimes screenshot

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah it’s hitting all around us now.  Several of my extended family have gotten it from holiday gatherings.   Fortunately we kept ours small.

I’m going to finally get my test from Wednesday's exposure.  

It's also true that it has the lowest COVID death rate in the nation with 89% vaccinated!

It's strange - you wouldn't think that area would have much population congestion so the transmission rate should be low.

Maybe the all gather around Jackson Lake to stare at the Grand Tetons.  I drove south to check it out during a 3-day visit to Yellowstone National Park.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Wow, those people are all just asking for it!

My niece in Vancouver went to a beach party of 50 or so on NYE.  Her, my sister and all of her friends are at home nursing covid now.  Idiots. 

• Sad 1