Jump to content

Am I Missing all the Fun?


Mr. Beanz
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Nope

Other than the $2 000 fines for DUI? 😄

My buddy back in 1995 got 2 within 6 months.  Paid big that year and did freeway cleaning weekends as well. 

Needless to say. I was the DD after that. Was kinda fun. Going to nightclubs. I got my diet Come drinks for free. With a 🍒 in it to make it look cool. According to the bartenders. 😄

I actually had a ton of fun over a couple of years being the DD. 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Hangovers, rehab, jail time....

We went to a restaurant couple years back.  First time there, seafood type place,  pretty popular.  Food not that good then realized most went for the booze.  

One gal turned 21, too much to drink.  Mother helped her stumble to the restroom.  Said she puked her guts out. Then returned to her party to continue.  Wow! 

I can not see how that could be fun. And mom helping her out with the celebration. 😳

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mr Beanz said:

We went to a restaurant couple years back.  First time there, seafood type place,  pretty popular.  Food not that good then realized most went for the booze.  

One gal turned 21, too much to drink.  Mother helped her stumble to the restroom.  Said she puked her guts out. Then returned to her party to continue.  Wow! 

I can not see how that could be fun. And mom helping her out with the celebration. 😳

Hopefully gal has grown into some sanity....

The only fine so far for me...was jumping onto the LRT train without paying.  That was a $130.00 fine for fare evasion.

I've given up tryin' to drink much. Just have a  mild allergy to alcohol. I blush ...only after 8-10 wine sips.  I guess that's a good thing:  I know  2 women who had glass of red wine every evening. Then they each, realized their habit and eased out of it.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Mr Beanz said:

I don't consume alcohol,  no drugs. No pot, never been arrested, no warrants,  bank robberies,  am I missing something? 🤣

No.  You seem to be enjoying real life and don't need stimulants.

Of course, there may be occasions where things like alcohol are useful in relieving stress or accenting taste.

For example, beer makes eating Maryland Steams Crabs much more enjoyable.

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, shootingstar said:

 

The only fine so far for me...was jumping onto the LRT train without paying.  That was a $130.00 fine for fare evasion.

 

I would have jumped the train hobo style myself. 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MickinMD said:

No.  You seem to be enjoying real life and don't need stimulants.

Of course, there may be occasions where things like alcohol are useful in relieving stress or accenting taste.

For example, beer makes eating Maryland Steams Crabs much more enjoyable.

Exactly my thoughts.  Don't need any stimulants.  Other than playing with my toys.

I do understand the food thing. Tried it myself. Thought a sip of wine would enhance my spaghetti dinner at a restaurant once.  Took a sip and just about had to spit it out. 😄

I'm actually glad that I don't have a taste for alcohol.  Ice cream is a different story. 😋 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Mr Beanz said:

I don't consume alcohol,  no drugs. No pot, never been arrested, no warrants,  bank robberies,  am I missing something? 🤣

 

 

you didn't mention magic mushrooms. they are decriminalized where i live :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I gave up the stimulants for speed, not the kind you take, but the kind that requires horsepower.  I discovered that I couldn't do both so I picked one.  No fines (to speak of) and no jail time but I can't say it was less expensive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, Beanz, you are not missing any fun.  I do enjoy a craft beer from time to time with my friends. Marijuana is legal in AZ now, but I work too hard to keep weight off (smoking grass gave me the munchies , back in the day).

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/7/2022 at 7:52 PM, Mr Beanz said:

I don't consume alcohol,  no drugs. No pot, never been arrested, no warrants,  bank robberies,  am I missing something? 🤣

Absolutely.  Are you missing something essential to living? No way.  But does beer, wine, booze, etc. bring something to the table that makes it worth drinking? Absolutely.  Is it dangerous? For too many.  Is it safe? For many more.

I'm a below average "drinker", but I think if we pulled out the alcoholics from the stats, I'd be pretty "typical".  I rarely get drunk (New Years about 15yrs ago was the last big time), but a few weeks ago on vacation, I can say I was buzzing a bit after one particular happy hour. Was it something I would want to do more than very occasionally? NO WAY.  But it is fun - for me - once in a while.

Like folks who won't eat certain foods (and never try them), or won't do certain things (and never try them), or any other "I would never..." comments, I have a hard time thinking that's the best practice.  I've never smoked or taken illegal drugs, but I realize after talking to many folks who have, that there are upsides and downsides to doing either.  Maybe one day I'll smoke some weed (or, more likely edibles), so I'll never say never.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...