Bicycle touring, Pennsylvania.

This guy I’ve seen before but I find him interesting. Today he is riding basically my area, a bit east of me but similar roads and trails. This video might be fun to watch instead of tv.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/20/2022 at 7:19 PM, Gump said:

We saw lots of people touring in WY and MT. Some had climbed some big hills. The rest had big hills to climb coming up😀

That’s why I like touring on canal trails. You not only get a history lesson but there are really no hills. Weight doesn’t make much difference on the flat. I’ll have to learn how to pack light for road touring. Staying in motels would save some weight.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 11:53 AM, Longjohn said:

That’s why I like touring on canal trails. You not only get a history lesson but there are really no hills. Weight doesn’t make much difference on the flat. I’ll have to learn how to pack light for road touring. Staying in motels would save some weight.

When I ride the C&O, it is always fun to ride "up" for the start of the ride and then enjoy that mild 1% or less "down" for the return.  :D  You really barely notice it, anyway :)

3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

When I ride the C&O, it is always fun to ride "up" for the start of the ride and then enjoy that mild 1% or less "down" for the return.  :D  You really barely notice it, anyway :)

The only thing I noticed on the C&O was the little rise at each lock.

• Like 1

Whelp I ordered a set of Arkel panniers. I just got the shipping information and the shipping weight is over seven pounds. I hope they used heavy cardboard box to ship them in. The Panniers I have now are old and not what I really need but of the three sets I already have I don’t think any of them weigh seven pounds.

• Like 1