What are you doing this morning?

Airehead

25 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

Mine has only been a quarter to a third full. Being retired I can choose times when it is less busy. 

I see a lot of cars in the parking lot. I haven’t set foot in there since I started caring for my wife and then Covid hit. I was thinking about maybe going back and then this Omni thing started hitting everyone so I don’t think I will.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I see a lot of cars in the parking lot. I haven’t set foot in there since I started caring for my wife and then Covid hit. I was thinking about maybe going back and then this Omni thing started hitting everyone so I don’t think I will.

Waiting a couple more months is a good idea

• Heart 2

Hook up was crazy today. Dogs were nuts to go. Lead dogs didn't hold the line out as well as they usually do. Had a few tangles.  They really wanted to go hard.  They wore themselves out before we got the 10 miles.  They told me they were done at 8 miles. You can tell when they are ready to stop.  Their minds start to wander.  They check out the groundhog hole next to the trail. There may be something interesting in the clump of trees. When it gets to that point they don't learn anything by going on.  Best to stop while they are still happy.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Hook up was crazy today. Dogs were nuts to go. Lead dogs didn't hold the line out as well as they usually do. Had a few tangles.  They really wanted to go hard.  They wore themselves out before we got the 10 miles.  They told me they were done at 8 miles. You can tell when they are ready to stop.  Their minds start to wander.  They check out the groundhog hole next to the trail. There may be something interesting in the clump of trees. When it gets to that point they don't learn anything by going on.  Best to stop while they are still happy.

Pictures

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Pictures

I wanted to take pictures but with the craziness I was too busy to get any.  We never want to make it unpleasant for the dogs.  They have to want to do it.  I have seen team just lay down on the trail and refuse to go if they get pushed too hard. They will rest till they are ready to go again.  It is much better to quit when they still want to go.  Then they will be excited to do it the next time.  I think LIndy liked canicross once he found out he got to pull and run a little.  I think he would love bikejoring too.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

58 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I wanted to take pictures but with the craziness I was too busy to get any.  We never want to make it unpleasant for the dogs.  They have to want to do it.  I have seen team just lay down on the trail and refuse to go if they get pushed too hard. They will rest till they are ready to go again.  It is much better to quit when they still want to go.  Then they will be excited to do it the next time.  I think LIndy liked canicross once he found out he got to pull and run a little.  I think he would love bikejoring too.

Me too. Paulie likes it too

Just seeing this thread. My nephew came by to move my son’s pickup to his place. Put the new wheels on my utility trailer. Loaded and hauled away several metal items to the recycler. Got $25 for them! Took a load to Goodwill. Got the Miata to MIL’s garage until I can fly back for it in a few weeks. Disassembled the little patio set up front. Waiting. For a very special person to get here for a photo shoot. 
Her daughter had a brain tumor at the same our daughter had cervical cancer. We bonded through that. Both are cancer free! Her parents are apparently rather toxic people so we kind of fill the void for her. She is driving back from Omaha to see us before we leave and wanted to do 1 more shoot. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, groupw said:

Just seeing this thread. My nephew came by to move my son’s pickup to his place. Put the new wheels on my utility trailer. Loaded and hauled away several metal items to the recycler. Got $25 for them! Took a load to Goodwill. Got the Miata to MIL’s garage until I can fly back for it in a few weeks. Disassembled the little patio set up front. Waiting. For a very special person to get here for a photo shoot. 
Her daughter had a brain tumor at the same our daughter had cervical cancer. We bonded through that. Both are cancer free! Her parents are apparently rather toxic people so we kind of fill the void for her. She is driving back from Omaha to see us before we leave and wanted to do 1 more shoot. 

Sounds like a very productive day. 

• Heart 1

I slightly strained a muscle in my hip awkwardly putting an Instant Pot into the car, not wanting to do it the easy way from the door that was next to deep snow.

It's felt better as the day's gone on, but I'll play it safe and not walk Jake tomorrow.  Wednesday's ok and forecast for a little warmer.

I did the "You bet your dupa I'm Polish" thing and Sunday Dinner was leftover golabki's (Polish stuffed cabbage) and boiled and fried frozen pierogies along with fried onions while watching the beat-up, back-ups-starting Ravens holding the Steelers to a 3-3 tied in the first half.

I washed it down with Cola dietetyczna, otherwise known as Diet Coke.

Yum!