Daytona update

BR46

The motor is particularly torn down to find out what went wrong at Daytona. Still haven't found anything that could have taken out the ignition but I did find.......we were about 17 seconds from total meltdown 

The piston is deformed from the heat. 

20220115_131119.thumb.jpg.7c8d71c6a3b7335481a2c36cbd60fa9d.jpg20220115_131058.thumb.jpg.6723a1fefdfe7e457dd0796cf58721a0.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Confused 2

I was at a Grand Prix at Watkins Glen when a car crashed right in front of me and the driver died in the car. The rescue crew made a curtain out of bloody sheets while they were getting him out of the car. Makes you not want to watch any more racing and I didn’t. I spent the rest of my time walking around and checking out the women, the bog, and the race cars they had on display.

• Sad 2

42 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I was at a Grand Prix at Watkins Glen when a car crashed right in front of me and the driver died in the car. The rescue crew made a curtain out of bloody sheets while they were getting him out of the car. Makes you not want to watch any more racing and I didn’t. I spent the rest of my time walking around and checking out the women, the bog, and the race cars they had on display.

Did that at an airshow once.  After the crowd rushed the fence line to get a closer look at the burning wreckage, womaxx was done for the day in disgust so we left.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

Say, why aren't the spectators crowding the course like they do on the Tour?  Do they not let any French people watch the race?  :scratchhead:

I admit I admire the intelligence of the lady watching the race in between the protection created by the two stone walls:

• Awesome 1