Shrimp

Airehead

5 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Me, too. Frozen Gulf shrimp. I had planned shrimp po boys, but I want a recipe that doesn’t bread and fry the shrimp. Just savory, naked little shrimps. Maybe tacos instead. 

I use Paul Prudhomme’s recipe for barbecued shrimp. Great for Po’boys, over rice, over grits, over pasta whatever. If you have no shells to make shrimp stock, use seafood stock or chicken they’ll do. 
1 lb shrimp, peel and devein. Save the shells in a small pot and cover with water.bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain a set broth aside. Combine 1/2 tsp salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, crushed red pepper, thyme, rosemary and a pinch oregano. Melt 2 Tblsp butter in a large skillet (Paul uses 8 Tblsp but lord you don’t need that much) Add a few dashes Worcestershire sauce , a clove or two of crushed garlic and the seasoning mix. If people in your house don’t like spicy, cut the cayenne down to a quarter tsp. Add the shrimp, shake the pan vs stirring for two minutes. Add 1/2 cup shrimp stock and cook until shrimps are pink all over. Add 1/4 cup cheap beer or white wine, the shrimps don’t care. Heat through and serve. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, Airehead said:

I have some shrimp. What should I make with it?

Didn't Forrest Gump's buddy Bubba give a long list of shrimp dishes that ran through a few scenes.  Do one of them.

When all else fails, boiling or steaming shrimp with some homemade tartar sauce works.

Another quick meal is Knorr Chinese Fried Rice or Rice-a-Roni with cooked shrimp.

If you've got a little saffron and rice and chicken, a quick-and-dirty Paella is possible.

I also have shrimp, frozen, and have been thinking about something like this - though I'll use fettuccine instead of spaghetti

Mixing a lot of veggies in with pasta cuts down the carbs for me to a good level and I'll use lower-net-carbs Dreamfield's pasta:

Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus

Shrimp scampi pasta garnished with cheese and parsley and lemon wedges How to make shrimp scampi sauce

• Heart 1

On 1/8/2022 at 6:08 AM, Airehead said:

I have some shrimp. What should I make with it?

I don't know but if you were local,  Gina would be there within 15.😆😁😆

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2022 at 10:14 AM, Old No. 7 said:

I use Paul Prudhomme’s recipe for barbecued shrimp. Great for Po’boys, over rice, over grits, over pasta whatever. If you have no shells to make shrimp stock, use seafood stock or chicken they’ll do. 
1 lb shrimp, peel and devein. Save the shells in a small pot and cover with water.bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Strain a set broth aside. Combine 1/2 tsp salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, crushed red pepper, thyme, rosemary and a pinch oregano. Melt 2 Tblsp butter in a large skillet (Paul uses 8 Tblsp but lord you don’t need that much) Add a few dashes Worcestershire sauce , a clove or two of crushed garlic and the seasoning mix. If people in your house don’t like spicy, cut the cayenne down to a quarter tsp. Add the shrimp, shake the pan vs stirring for two minutes. Add 1/2 cup shrimp stock and cook until shrimps are pink all over. Add 1/4 cup cheap beer or white wine, the shrimps don’t care. Heat through and serve. 

Shrimp tacos tonight with a pineapple mango jalapeño salsa. Que rico! Homemade corn tortillas, too. I used cumin instead of rosemary, though. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Now got me thinking of food.  My breakfast burrito 🌯 this morning.  2 eggs, little cheese and homemade pico de Gallo 😋

20220110_113242.jpg

• Heart 3

Just now, Mr Beanz said:

Now got me thinking of food.  My breakfast burrito 🌯 this morning.  2 eggs, little cheese and homemade pico de Gallo 😋

20220110_113242.jpg

mr. makes egg tacos almost every day. Sometimes with little chunks of fried potatoes. 

• Heart 2