Quote of 2 Millennia: Philo of Alexandria

MickinMD

How long shall we, the aged, be children grown old in our bodies through length of time, but just infants in our souls out of a lack of sense, consider the most incalculable element, fortune, to be the most persistent, but nature, the firmest element, to be the most unsteady?  We change and switch our actions, as if in board games, thinking that fortune's gifts are more stable than nature's, and nature's more insecure than fortune's."

Philo of Alexandria, from his booklet/commentary On the Embassy to Gaius (Caligula), about the year 38 C.E. when he went to Rome as head of an Embassy from Alexandria.

This made me think about how much time and importance I've paid to insure a financially secure retirement, but much less to securing my own good health.

56 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Philo of Alexandria, from his booklet/commentary On the Embassy to Gaius (Caligula), about the year 38 C.E. when he went to Rome as head of an Embassy from Alexandria.

This made me think about how much time and importance I've paid to insure a financially secure retirement, but much less to securing my own good health.

2 totally different actions to meet goals.  Go for it, Mick. You have the resources to help yourself or maybe some other person to do something on a regular basis.