Serial custom blended for taste and sugar content

Ralphie

My preferred base ingredient is 80-90% fake rice chex at maybe 5% sugar. (approximate, from memory, none on hand now).  Today I just switched over to fake Cheerios at 0% sugar and that is too darn low, no matter how much sweetening agent is added!

For the sweetening agent, Reese's Puffs are excellent and they have been on sale lately, but they are very powerful at 33% sugar!  So they have to be limited to 10% to give roughly 5% total sugar.  Today I switched from them to fake Raisin Bran at 25% sugar so at 20% with the fake Cheerios that also gives aboot 5%.

Thanks to Dr. Mickin for the recent treatise on % by weight sugar,  Serials are all over the )(*&*^^% map!  So the fake rice chex are close to ideal on their own.  Reeses would be better with the fake cheerios.  Thankfully they don;t go on sale that often because 33%  Shit! Fake Oat cluster serial is 16% sugar, way too sweet to be eaten neat.

• Heart 1

On 1/8/2022 at 9:54 AM, Philander Seabury said:

My preferred base ingredient is 80-90% fake rice chex at maybe 5% sugar. (approximate, from memory, none on hand now).  Today I just switched over to fake Cheerios at 0% sugar and that is too darn low, no matter how much sweetening agent is added!

For the sweetening agent, Reese's Puffs are excellent and they have been on sale lately, but they are very powerful at 33% sugar!  So they have to be limited to 10% to give roughly 5% total sugar.  Today I switched from them to fake Raisin Bran at 25% sugar so at 20% with the fake Cheerios that also gives aboot 5%.

Thanks to Dr. Mickin for the recent treatise on % by weight sugar,  Serials are all over the )(*&*^^% map!  So the fake rice chex are close to ideal on their own.  Reeses would be better with the fake cheerios.  Thankfully they don;t go on sale that often because 33%  Shit! Fake Oat cluster serial is 16% sugar, way too sweet to be eaten neat.

I mostly store brands but I do NOT like fake Cheerios but love Cheerios, even with only 1 g of sugar in a 28 g serving (less than 4%).  I always add bananas and/or blueberries and/or strawberries.

I really like oatmeal with 1/3 of a honeycrisp apple, peeled,. cored, and cut into bite-sized chunks and nuked in 1/4 cup of water for 2 minutes to make it slightly soft.

I think I'm going to try it with Cheerios.

On 1/8/2022 at 9:54 AM, Philander Seabury said:

I'm a fan of all good cereals.  Keep that Magic Spoon mad-scientist nonsense away from me and give Cap'n Crunch or Fruity Pebbles or Cocoa Puffs instead!

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

No wonder you are so [-0)_(_)(*&^ hyperactive!  :D

I know better than to buy cereal!  I go through a box in one sitting, so it remains best to keep it as an occasional thing rather than a daily thing.  My brother has cereal every morning, but he maintains portion control.