elephant unasked question

shootingstar

Was @ a divisional video meeting earlier this wk. Over 45 people. 1 employee piped up and encouragingly told us that our employer's rapid free covid testing was at x central location.

No one said ..anything. It was a  huge silence.  Alot of us were probably wondering.....if she was vaxxed. Unless one is sick, no one is going to make a trip 5-10 km. to get tested.

We have to report and upload our vax records into HR's online system. Our employer requires vaxxed employees and any new hires now. Unvaxxed employees working at office / out in field must get tested daily...the proof is no vax record uploaded into our online system.  It's not a secret in my work team....we voluntarily mention whenever/if oneself got vaxxed by going to xxxx place. Part of casual conversation. That's all. 

And for all the work going on with overloaded hospital staff now. Don't see below often enough.

sign.JPG

• Heart 1

On 1/8/2022 at 11:13 AM, shootingstar said:

1 employee piped up and encouragingly told us that our employer's rapid free covid testing was at x central location.

No one said ..anything. It was a  huge silence.  Alot of us were probably wondering.....if she was vaxxed. Unless one is sick, no one is going to make a trip 5-10 km. to get tested.

Everyone in my family is vaxxed (and most boosted).  I think five or six - that I know of - have been tested in the past few weeks.  I think, in the US, the recommendation was, if possible, get tested prior to big gatherings - like for xmas or New Years.  In my family and friends group, I have to assume most wouldn't think twice about taking up a free test at a place that close by.  Sure, with no car, 10km (6 miles) is a PITA in the winter, but for folks with cars or running errands anyway, that's a - hopefully - quick 15 min stop to make sure they're not bringing anything with them to the party, retirement home, office, airplane, or whatever is on their near term schedule.