Snow !

Zipp2001

16 hours ago, Zipp2001 said:

I just can't do indoor rollers anymore, to boring and the roads get too salty, so the woods are the way to go. 

We're in the area (Northern VA) where the snow turns to ice or slush fairly fast.  It limits the joy of snow, because few of us can justify the right toys for a few snow days per year :(  If we got a think blanket of snow that stayed for weeks and trails could be created, it would definitely be a different story.  Snow becomes a PITA around here as the clock resets to the next ride as I wait for the slush and ice to disappear.  Indoor riding has long since been bumped from my list of "fun".

• Heart 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:25 PM, denniS said:

We get our fair share. We're planning a night ride to the top of the King.

IMG_20220109_121019709.jpg

IMG_20220111_213219457.jpg

Now that looks awesome ! We're several feet of snow behind this time last year and it's still not looking good. Could you send some our way, please.

22 hours ago, Longjohn said:I’m planning on seeing how my gravel bike does in the snow this weekend if my doctor allows it tomorrow.

Whelp he said riding won’t hurt my eye but with the powerful blood thinners I’m on he said if I crash my bike I’ll probably die. He highly recommended that I wait to ride outside until March when I’ll be off the anticoagulant. He told me to ride my trainer. :wacko:

11 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Whelp he said riding won’t hurt my eye but with the powerful blood thinners I’m on he said if I crash my bike I’ll probably die. He highly recommended that I wait to ride outside until March when I’ll be off the anticoagulant. He told me to ride my trainer. :wacko:

Do you have an indoor trainer?  It was -1 when I got up.  You could not pay me to ride outside today.

The wife is riding in a Zoom class now, I'll go down when she's done.  The past few days I have done 30 minutes relatively pain free.

• Awesome 1

38 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Do you have an indoor trainer?  It was -1 when I got up.  You could not pay me to ride outside today.

The wife is riding in a Zoom class now, I'll go down when she's done.  The past few days I have done 30 minutes relatively pain free.

I have a dumb trainer. My road bike has been on it for about three years but I haven’t put very many miles on it. I feel like I’m spinning my wheels and not going anywhere. While I was at the eye doctor yesterday talking about my next surgery he said “your bleeding” and pointed to my arm. Sure enough it was bleeding and running down my arm and dripping onto the eye exam chair. I don’t even know what made it bleed. He’s probably right about the danger of riding outside while on blood thinners. I’m careful but things can happen even when you’re careful. My last ride I got bit by a dog but the dog bit my foot and not my leg. He got a mouthful of metal flat pedal and left go. I have the SPD/flat pedals on my bike and the flat pedal side was down. I hope that taught him not to chase bikes.

10 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I have a dumb trainer. My road bike has been on it for about three years but I haven’t put very many miles on it. I feel like I’m spinning my wheels and not going anywhere. While I was at the eye doctor yesterday talking about my next surgery he said “your bleeding” and pointed to my arm. Sure enough it was bleeding and running down my arm and dripping onto the eye exam chair. I don’t even know what made it bleed. He’s probably right about the danger of riding outside while on blood thinners. I’m careful but things can happen even when you’re careful. My last ride I got bit by a dog but the dog bit my foot and not my leg. He got a mouthful of metal flat pedal and left go. I have the SPD/flat pedals on my bike and the flat pedal side was down. I hope that taught him not to chase bikes.

My rollers are dumb too (the new ones are cool).  It's what I can do for now.  Riding outside is not an option, this is a good weather bike only.  I will not bring it out in the rain, and definitely not in the snow / ice.  Plus, with my foot pain, I might be too tempted to ride hard up a hill.  On the rollers I can control my effort.

Miles are miles.  I sit in front of a TV.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1