So what do you think makes Dave Grohl so awesome and energetic?

Ralphie

He's one of those celebrities that managed to maintain their non-celebrity personalities. As luck would have it for himself and the rest of the world that personality is wholesome and in general awesome.

He came away from the tragedy of his close friend and band mates suicide and has major support for ACLU, teen cancer, and heavily donates to AIDs awareness. So a super cool guy, and talented musician to boot.

He also survived a very awkward moment with Charles Barkley On picture day when I'm told to smile with teeth - GIF on Imgur

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, goldendesign said:

He's one of those celebrities that managed to maintain their non-celebrity personalities. As luck would have it for himself and the rest of the world that personality is wholesome and in general awesome.

He came away from the tragedy of his close friend and band mates suicide and has major support for ACLU, teen cancer, and heavily donates to AIDs awareness. So a super cool guy, and talented musician to boot.

He also survived a very awkward moment with Charles Barkley On picture day when I'm told to smile with teeth - GIF on Imgur

I keep thinking of him and Cobain the same way I think of Hendrix and Buddy Guy.  One flames oot on drugs when young and the other goes on to an incredible life of music showing what could have been for the early checker-outers. :)

6 hours ago, BuffJim said:

He fights the foo, right? I just saw Austin City Limits with the Foo Fighters yesterday. I think I’m 10 years older than their core audience, so didn’t pay much attention to it in the 80s and 90s, but it was pretty good. 

I got their first CD and loved them instantly, even before they became darlings of rock.  I didn't follow them through the years but I always like their music.  Watched some of their mid 2021 return to MSG (2:46!) on U-tube last night and it was an awesome show!  He and the band are excellent performers, IMNSHO. :D

• Heart 1