wife says she saw two Magic Spoon commercials on the telly within the last hour

Dottleshead

Well, and there it is.  I just dropped $54 on 6 boxes of cereal.  Saved $5 by buyin 6 instead of 4.  But then I found a coupon using the Honey browser extension that saved me an additional $5 but then turned right around and gave it back to them for $5 shipping.  It's all a scam.  That's why i signed up for it.

Custom Bundle - 6 boxesbundle_product_titles: Fruity,Peanut Butter,Peanut Butter,Gingerbread,Cocoa,Frosted745-FRO01: 1781-GIN01: 1744-FRU01: 1746-PEA01: 2741-COC01: 1
  •  MAJOR (-$5.00)
1 $54.00
$49
Scroll for more items 
Cost summary
Description Price
Total USD $53.99
Subtotal $49
Shipping $4.99
  • Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I saw a commercial for it while Einstein was watching Men in Black 2

WoDottles says she saw the commercial 5 times tonight.  That's big bucks.  I'm guessing they got some marketing bucks in that link above.  Good for them.  I hope they make it... because I want the price to come down!  :)

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Price come down?????????????

No, unfortunately.  I don't know if it's a placebo or not but I've gain a lot of wait back when I cut it loose.  Shirley it's a combination of things but if I'm spending that amount of money on basically "snack" food, then the only way I can rationalize it is if I'm losing weight.  Stupid psychological warfare I play with myself.  But I felt better about myself last May than I do now.  

• Hugs 1

I would guess it's the lack of discipline that increased weight since Magic Spoon has more calories than cereals like corn flakes and Cheerios.

Magic Spoon's claim is: "Lewis said Magic Spoon is also targeted at millennials. Its consumer base is people who love cereal but are concerned about their health, and want the kinds of breakfasts they remember as children."

Cheerios and Corn Flakes are what a lot of people remember as children and they're only 3% to 5% sugar.

3/4 of a cup (1 "serving") of Magic Spoon is 110 Calories.  3/4 of a cup of Cheerios is 105 Calories, and Kellogg's Corn Flakes is 75 Calories.

It's low with just 6 g net carbs per 3/4 cup, but Cheerios only has 20 g net Carbs (carbs - fiber) per 3/4 cup and Kellogg's Cornflakes 17 g.  20 g of carbs in a meal doesn't strike fear in most diabetics!

If you're into extreme keto diets with very low carbs (20 g/day) then Magic Spoon works, but it doesn't mesh with the diets recommended by the National Institutes of Health and Harvard Medical School health publications like the "Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating."

$55M for Magic Spoon?  I wonder what the valuation - Shark Tank style - was put on that deal?  That seems wildly optimistic, but, then again, people just have too much money right now, so it makes sense they will put it in things that really aren't too smart in a tighter market. :scratchhead:

On 1/9/2022 at 11:29 AM, Razors Edge said:

$55M for Magic Spoon?  I wonder what the valuation - Shark Tank style - was put on that deal?  That seems wildly optimistic, but, then again, people just have too much money right now, so it makes sense they will put it in things that really aren't too smart in a tighter market. :scratchhead:

image.png.c269ca45e135e9454e5dccf95291e4fc.png

Custom Bundle - 6 boxes

• Fruity
  • Peanut Butter
  • Peanut Butter
  • Gingerbread
  • Cocoa
  • Frosted

Quantity: 1
Total: $54.00

Discount (code: MAJOR): $-5.00
Subtotal: $49.00
Shipping: $4.99
Total: $53.99

2994e189-67af-4d04-8069-801feb8f6d43.png
f62e067f-6c40-4fb3-9445-5eae04243cf7.gif
Button Text

Custom

magicspoon.com  @magicspooncereal

Magic Spoon Inc., 117 Hudson St, New York, NY 10013

10 hours ago, Dottles said:

image.png.c269ca45e135e9454e5dccf95291e4fc.png

Custom Bundle - 6 boxes

• Fruity
  • Peanut Butter
  • Peanut Butter
  • Gingerbread
  • Cocoa
  • Frosted

Quantity: 1
Total: $54.00

Discount (code: MAJOR): $-5.00
Subtotal: $49.00
Shipping: $4.99
Total: $53.99

2994e189-67af-4d04-8069-801feb8f6d43.png
f62e067f-6c40-4fb3-9445-5eae04243cf7.gif
Button Text

Custom

magicspoon.com  @magicspooncereal

Magic Spoon Inc., 117 Hudson St, New York, NY 10013

No, my question was "what does $55 million in seed funds get the investor?"  and at what valuation for the company (Shark Tank style!).  

I'm guessing they do or hope to sell something other than overpriced cereal at some point?

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

No, my question was "what does $55 million in seed funds get the investor?"  and at what valuation for the company (Shark Tank style!).  

I'm guessing they do or hope to sell something other than overpriced cereal at some point?

It’s a front for drug laundering 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Sometimes it actually is :D  But, man, I just don't get it.  Maybe the internet sales numbers are nutso and they can make the box of cereal for pennies, so their margins are great.

It makes one wonder.  I'm doing it again because I had a routine that was helping me lose weight and MS was part of that routine.  So I'll go back to it and see if it doesn't help.  Because I'd pay $50 a month if it help keep 20 lbs off.  Yes, yes, it's all psychological BS but that's where I'm at.

Just now, Dottles said:

It makes one wonder.  I'm doing it again because I had a routine that was helping me lose weight and MS was part of that routine.  So I'll go back to it and see if it doesn't help.  Because I'd pay $50 a month if it help keep 20 lbs off.  Yes, yes, it's all psychological BS but that's where I'm at.

I understand. I think you can find better and less expensive options, but because cereal is so easy (every college kid and 20 yr knows that!), it can work.  I'd try to find something else, but beyond being way overpriced, it seems to be working for you. 

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I understand. I think you can find better and less expensive options, but because cereal is so easy (every college kid and 20 yr knows that!), it can work.  I'd try to find something else, but beyond being way overpriced, it seems to be working for you. 

Honestly, for this blip I'm in -- it seems to speak to me "Are you sure you really want to eat me?  I'm very expensive and maybe you should wait another day."

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cereal, most cereal is expensive.  Especially name brand cereal.   It sounds like you really liked their offerings.

I'm probably more disappointed that I gave back most of the weight I lost the last 6 months.  And that was about the time I got off Magic Spoon.  Coincidence no doubt.  But I'll try it again and see how it goes.

6 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I'm probably more disappointed that I gave back most of the weight I lost the last 6 months.  And that was about the time I got off Magic Spoon.  Coincidence no doubt.  But I'll try it again and see how it goes.

Fat cells have everlasting life.  In pioneer times, you would have been a survivor.  Our body does a great job of trying not to let us die.  

13 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Fat cells have everlasting life.  In pioneer times, you would have been a survivor.  Our body does a great job of trying not to let us die.  

Well it’s also no coincidence that my work drastically picked up too during this time. If you really want to know why I put on weight, look no further than my job. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Dottles said:

Well it’s also no coincidence that my work drastically picked up too during this time. If you really want to know why I put on weight, look no further than my job. 

Are you afforded a lunch hour where you might be able to exercise?  I use that hour as much as I can for health.

• Heart 1