Cooking with coffee has always sounded interesting to me, so I googled it and it does sound good!

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Razors Edge,

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Is that like cooking with wine :whistle:

🍷

I really disliking cooking with wine.  Wine is for drinking, dangit!  I just don;t like the taste it imparts to food.  Bah, humbug!

I really miss the popularity of blackened fish, when it could be found on any menu.  So coffee blackened fish sounds worth a shot!  Granted, a little goes a long way, and it could flame oot as much as pumpkin beer as far as not working all that well, but I am willing to give it a shot!

45 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I really disliking cooking with wine.  Wine is for drinking, dangit!  I just don;t like the taste it imparts to food.  Bah, humbug!

I really miss the popularity of blackened fish, when it could be found on any menu.  So coffee blackened fish sounds worth a shot!  Granted, a little goes a long way, and it could flame oot as much as pumpkin beer as far as not working all that well, but I am willing to give it a shot!

I prefer cooking with beer, but then, I prefer most everything with beer....

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

I do a rub for smoking with ribs. I stumbled into the idea when we were out of a few spices for the rub and the store was closed. I had decided the rub was a little salty anyway and wanted to adjust the flavors. Had some beans that weren’t bad, but weren’t my favorite for drinking. Ground them and added to the rub.  It has been popular with all who tried them. 
Last time I made chili, I was just tossing in some things that sounded good together and put in some ground coffee then smoked it. The flavor was great! The texture? Well….. let’s just say I should have ground the beans finer! I think I’m going to just French press some coffee next time!

• Heart 2

6 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

The best trick used by Germans...is to use remaining wine in wine bottle where the  bottle was  opened 1-2 days ago, where the wine's peak is gone. 

For instance, if one  whips meringue in clean, very cold steel bowl, add  some white wine...to sweeten it and continue to whip. A touch of elegance that will impress anyone.

On 1/9/2022 at 11:31 AM, petitepedal said:

Is that like cooking with wine :whistle:

🍷

I don't keep enough wine around or want to open a bottle just to use "1/3 cup of white wine."

I looked up subs and they suggest chicken broth optionally with a little lemon juice.

Here are ingredients required for the Alfredo Sauce for a "Creamy (Alfredo) Shrimp Pasta" that I may try - and may add a pound of asparagus and modify and combine that recipe with a "Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Asparagus" recipe, taking the best parts of each and make it Alfredo instead of Scampi.  I'll use water and Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base and maybe a 1/2 tsp of lemon juice - or just buy a 24 oz. (3 cups) bottle of Alfredo Sauce if the Calories are ok!

1/3 cup white wine (author used Chardonnay)

2 cups whipping cream

1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Thanks for the link.  Some look interesting enough to try so I saved it to my Bookmarks "Food" folder.

One of my latest discoveries and now one of my favorite Turkey Hill brand ice creams is "Double Dunker:" Mocha Ice Cream with pieces of semi-soft cookie dough and oreos.