Is it just me?

Randomguy

Every time I see a group photo or hear of a party or gathering, I just think that that is crazy because of omicron's transmissibility.   SOMEBODY is gonna get it somewhere and it seems likely that it could be passed around when everybody gathers.  Seen it and heard of it too much in the last few weeks.

• Like 3

My cousin is always posting pics on fb at bars watching Dodger games with a gang of buddies, and different party cities. He's gotten covid 3 times and wonders why. No masks but vaccinated. 

He said some people are too weak to handle it so he's been fine with it.  Though he has health issues. I guess stupid people have no problem pressing their luck. 

• Sad 1

A work buddy spent the first 8 - 10 months of covid actively courting it, dating lots different women and going to restaurants, bars, and traveling.  He got lucky then, and got vaccinated and boosted, but kept it up even after he settled on one chick, she liked to eat out often.  Finally got him after a "small gathering" a couple days after NYE, says he feels like shit.  It is nice that he is not mystified as to how it could have happened, though, and acknowledged that he has been fortunate until now.

• Like 1

Fear not.  If you've been vaccinated and boosted you are immune, especially if you had it once or more before.  I have that from good sources.  Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jsharrwick said:

Most everyone I know is vaccinated and most have had covid now as well.   

As has been written, vaccination is the defense against the COVID infection, not an immunity to the infection.  So, as more folks get vaxxed, more folks get exposed to omicron, and more folks get tested, it stands to reason that there will be al to of folks who test positive to being attacked by COVID.  On the flip side, the massive disconnect between adverse affects caused by COVID - namely death - in vaxxed vs non-vaxxed shows the wonder and importance of a getting folks protected ASAP.

Think of it this way - both France (non-vaxxed) and Britain (vaxxed) were attacked by the evil Germans (COVID) in WWII.  So, while both were attacked, one had a much better set of defenses at the ready and rallied to win.