Beautiful day for a bike ride

dinneR

Toally awesome.  You are a hardy biker.  Warm weather people do not understand the struggle and the strength it takes to ride in that.  Heck, your body is working overtime to keep you alive, and you add exercise.  Snowbiking is so strenuous, as you work to stay upright.  10 miles feels like 40 and then you add the cold to that equation. 

I just got back on after an icy hiatus, as I wasn't about to duel with the cars.  No bus this week, I hope.  :D

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Toally awesome.  You are a hardy biker.  Warm weather people do not understand the struggle and the strength it takes to ride in that.  Heck, your body is working overtime to keep you alive, and you add exercise.  Snowbiking is so strenuous, as you work to stay upright.  10 miles feels like 40 and then you add the cold to that equation. 

I just got back on after an icy hiatus, as I wasn't about to duel with the cars.  No bus this week, I hope.  :D

Some days the trails are challenging. this past weekend, they were in great shape. I was flying like on a mt bike.

When the trails are not groomed or chewed up, you are fighting the bike to keep it in the track. 

9 minutes ago, 12string said:

I had to bail (again) on the commute.  Cold, sure, but the combination of wind, ice, and traffic is not my favorite risk to take.  Maybe later this week, finally.

I hear ya. Can you do a partial commute with a bus segment? I sometimes catch the bus and ride from there.

22 minutes ago, denniS said:

It is crazy how that happens. The Tetons get hammered with snow. 500" in a season is pretty normal. The Gros Ventre Range just a few miles away gets less than half the amount. 

Ours is off Lake Ontario. This morning the snow band stretched all the way to Rhode Island.

17 minutes ago, 12string said:

The whole commute is about 5 miles, and the traffic starts at my driveway.  Not bad traffic, but it only takes onei n those conditions

Understood.  My old place was far safer for commuting.  I could be on a protected bike path in about 5 minutes.  New commute is really challenging.  I absolutely love where I live and my years of working are winding down, so I will stay,  The bus is not too bad.