Rapini, swiss chard

shootingstar

Rapini seems like Broccolini to me.  My fave is broccoli raab.  Swiss Chard is very mild, and I like it steamed.  The ribs are good mixed with the greens.  Actually my favorite by far is Chinese broccoli.  Love that stuff!  I sort of annoy everyone when that is all I care aboot at dim sum. :D

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Rapini seems like Broccolini to me.  My fave is broccoli raab.  Swiss Chard is very mild, and I like it steamed.  The ribs are good mixed with the greens.  Actually my favorite by far is Chinese broccoli.  Love that stuff!  I sort of annoy everyone when that is all I care aboot at dim sum. :D

The Chinese broccoli's other name in Chinese, is: gai lan. The servers would be happy to have a customer who loves gai lai..it 's a common veggie dish to add in addition to platters of dim sum.  I love the veggie myself.

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I don’t think I ever saw Swiss chard in the stores. My dad always grew it so I would grow it too. I just steam it or boil it, I love the taste of it

I tried to grow rainbow from seed but it didn't really grow. I had one green one that thrived that I bought as a plant at the garden shop.