Spring cleaning

Parsnip Totin Jack

Winter is the slow season at the LBS. My mechanic came in on an off day to help me clean my ride. Chain rings, cassette, wheels, and frame all got a good cleaning today. I forgot to bring the quick link for the chain, so just a wipe and lube there. Tip for @Longjohn, scotch bright strips are good for polishing titanium frames. 

68F83539-58B8-47E7-91E3-9F0FB94F07A8.jpeg

5992ABD5-313D-4874-90E4-5133A54F8624.jpeg

I was thinking about going down to the garage today for some work on the bikes, but found other stuff to do.  I did wipe the Tarmac down pretty well after my last ride which was in the rain, so that was at least a little bit of kind treatment.

My chain only comes off to be replaced :)  Usually the same with the cassette.  I ought to take it all apart, but damn I am lazy.

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I was thinking about going down to the garage today for some work on the bikes, but found other stuff to do.  I did wipe the Tarmac down pretty well after my last ride which was in the rain, so that was at least a little bit of kind treatment.

My chain only comes off to be replaced :)  Usually the same with the cassette.  I ought to take it all apart, but damn I am lazy.

The shop has a box that is filled with a magic electrostatic liquid that cleans everything like new. I will miss that magic box. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Tip for @Longjohn, scotch bright strips are good for polishing titanium frames. 

I mentioned using scotch bright to clean a titanium bike in one of the titanium bike groups I’m in and someone told me to make sure I use red scotch bright because green is too coarse.I didn’t even know it came in colors. I don’t polish my bikes anyway. Squirt them with a hose to get the chunks off and wipe them down with a rag. When I’m throwing the LBS a bone in the off season I get a tune up. When I get my bike back it looks like new, they must polish it.