My view right now

Further

Life seems like a rat race collecting stuff we don't really need followed by a rat race of people getting rid of that stuff after we're gone.  

I need to go on a "stuff diet" and purge purge purge, but right now, it's enough effort just to pare it all down a little.  :dontknow:

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, MoseySusan said:

What is that lumber going to become?

The stuff next to the window used to be my raised bed frame, it got re configured as a compost pile containment that I have to go try fit around the compost pile.

There is a stack of wood behind me that waiting rebirth, some cedar that will become a trellis for the roses, some bit and pieces of oak, maple, and ash that really I'm just learning to use.

Here is a pic of a stand I built out of construction lumber, prolly use it for a planer stand, but I really made to try out ideas and methods for building a kitchen island

IMG_5190.thumb.JPG.aaf2e78a7e2d8230b74c3934a61994d1.JPG

Right now it has my table saw works sitting on it

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Life seems like a rat race collecting stuff we don't really need followed by a rat race of people getting rid of that stuff after we're gone.  

I need to go on a "stuff diet" and purge purge purge, but right now, it's enough effort just to pare it all down a little.  :dontknow:

I'm still accumulating, not as a collector, but there are some things I'd like to do, and I need the equipment to accomplish them. 

An auction will handle getting rid of the stuff. 

14 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

don't know anyone who has a garage that big

I have a three car garage that hasn’t had a car in it for twenty years. The first and second bay was my workshop with all my woodworking tools and workbench. The third bay has a zero turn, a trim mower, two rototillers, a snow blower, air compressor, and some bikes. I have three kayaks stored in my workshop along with my fishing stuff, PFDs, and paddles.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I don't know anyone who has a garage that big.

A high school classmate of mine has a garage big enough to hold two complete 18 wheeler trucks with room to spare and this is in his country home. A few years ago he held both our high school reunion and a party for his employees in it at the same time.

In high school Jack worked as a grave digger at a black cemetery. He was the only white guy there. This was around 1970 when race relations were much worse than now. He said that he learned a lot of valuable  life lessons working there. He wound up owning two banks, a concrete company, a construction firm, plus a few other things. A super hard worker and pretty bright guy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

A high school classmate of mine has a garage big enough to hold two complete 18 wheeler trucks with room to spare and this is in his country home. A few years ago he held both our high school reunion and a party for his employees in it at the same time.

In high school Jack worked as a grave digger at a black cemetery. He was the only white guy there. This was around 1970 when race relations were much worse than now. He said that he learned a lot of valuable  life lessons working there. He wound up owning two banks, a concrete company, a construction firm, plus a few other things. A super hard worker and pretty bright guy.

Sounds like an interesting friend.

In terms of friends, only 2 of them have lived/are living in rural area where the town is around 2,000 or less which is where people might have much bigger properties or at least, on the edge of town.

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Sounds like an interesting friend.

In terms of friends, only 2 of them have lived/are living in rural area where the town is around 2,000 or less which is where people might have much bigger properties or at least, on the edge of town.

I guess you can live where you have room or live where you have amenities 

10 minutes ago, Further said:

I guess you can live where you have room or live where you have amenities 

It depends... I personally have never been driven  to live in a small town. So we need people to live out on the edges and also in denser areas with amenities. 

Several of my friends have a car but just a carport  or the garage is down a steep little hill which makes getting car in and out a challenge.  Long story.  1 couple has 2 cars but they park them outside.  They have a huge back  2nd level deck overlooking the ..ocean, which allows them to do acrylic painting, etc. outdoors.

2 hours ago, Further said:

The stuff next to the window used to be my raised bed frame, it got re configured as a compost pile containment that I have to go try fit around the compost pile.

There is a stack of wood behind me that waiting rebirth, some cedar that will become a trellis for the roses, some bit and pieces of oak, maple, and ash that really I'm just learning to use.

Here is a pic of a stand I built out of construction lumber, prolly use it for a planer stand, but I really made to try out ideas and methods for building a kitchen island

IMG_5190.thumb.JPG.aaf2e78a7e2d8230b74c3934a61994d1.JPG

Right now it has my table saw works sitting on it

We have a list of wood projects that are waiting for warmer weather so we can move the cars out to the driveway. 

• Heart 1