So, AOC goes to FL to party and she gets Covid.

Wilbur

Maskless mingling and hugging spreads it real good apparently.  Young people are so effing stupid about this virus.  

There are now 32 cases confirmed from a party my idiot niece attended on NYE.  Her excuse..  They are all in my bubble! 

One side of me wants them to get by painlessly but deep down.... well, the same.  They are just stupid.  That is all. 

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Maskless mingling and hugging spreads it real good apparently.  Young people are so effing stupid about this virus.  

There are now 32 cases confirmed from a party my idiot niece attended on NYE.  Her excuse..  They are all in my bubble! 

One side of me wants them to get by painlessly but deep down.... well, the same.  They are just stupid.  That is all. 

How old is your niece? (not that is  always an indicator)

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

sigh. I think I'll have to  just let 1 niece know that her cousin got something...he felt sick after he played a game of  Ultimanum (frisbee) indoor gym with bunch of others. (fever, etc. ) He's been playing competitively for past 4 years...so he knows what is the right vs. wrong body sensations by now. He was maskless. My sister was furious at son.

Niece and hubby are to attend a wedding in Mar....which was delayed this Jan. I dunno... I'll just mention she and hubby should dance with masks. Sounds stupid...but honest.... if she wants to see her  newborn niece...due sometime in Apr.

Frisbee competing nephew is living with others in another city while at university, and must isolate.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

sigh. I think I'll have to  just let 1 niece know that her cousin got something...he felt sick after he played a game of  Ultimanum (frisbee) indoor gym with bunch of others. (fever, etc. ) He's been playing competitively for past 4 years...so he knows what is the right vs. wrong body sensations by now. He was maskless. My sister was furious at son.

Niece and hubby are to attend a wedding in Mar....which was delayed this Jan. I dunno... I'll just mention she and hubby should dance with masks. Sounds stupid...but honest....

Frisbee competing nephew is living with others in another city while at university, and must isolate.

We all go through the infallible stage of life but really, they need to snap out of the selfishness of their actions.  

17 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

We all go through the infallible stage of life but really, they need to snap out of the selfishness of their actions.  

She will have an incentive to mask in Mar. because she will want to see her newborn niece or nephew/my great-niece or nephew :D who is due to be in the world/Toronto this Apr.  She enjoys being aunt  to present 2 yr. niece.

Without getting more entangled with more niece references :) :

ANOTHER niece--sister of  frisbee-competing brother, was panicking when she and another  roommote found out their 3rd dorm roommate had  covid.  She initially lied that she got tested and didn't have anything. My sister told her to come home...meanwhile my sister (hospital pharmacist) chose to isolate herself because she  was  getting sick during Christmas.

See....complicated family shenanigans..  I could never visited my family @Christmas.

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

She will have an incentive to mask in Mar. because she will want to see her newborn niece or nephew/my great-niece or nephew :D who is due to be in the world/Toronto this Apr.  She enjoys being aunt  to present 2 yr. niece.

Without getting more entangled with more niece references:

ANOTHER niece--sister of  frisbee-competing brother, was panicking when she and another  roommote found out their 3rd dorm roommate had  covid.  She initially lied that she got tested and didn't have anything. My sister told her to come home...meanwhile my sister (hospital pharmacist) chose to isolate herself because she  was  getting sick during Christmas.

See....complicated family shenanigans..  I could never visited my family @Christmas.

Nope.  Not this year for sure.   Hope for better years! 

10 minutes ago, Dottles said:

That's a great picture/avatar Tizeye.  No foolin'.

Interesting. Are old photos recycling?
I have a newer version in a solid green shirt that re-took at the same dock several years ago when needed something for a new website. Use it on the “Contact Me” page, holding a IPad like waiting.  The patterned shirt looked to dated. Both were selfies, camera on tripod and controlled with the iPad I am holding. Ever since have alway posted the solid green shirt version.

• Heart 1

Addition to earlier reply when on iPad...this is the updated photo now using. In addition to the shirt, think I learned from it and used fill flash to minimize shadows on the face.

(Edit note: It is not really that dark. Don't know what happened to the forum processing of the upload)

DSC08814 - 600x600px.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

I didn't want this tagged as political so I left Gov DeathSantis out of it. Strong speculation that he also had COVID during his mysterious absence from the public after Christmas, but won't admit it. Prefers wife's cancer treatment excuse "supporting wife...and shame on you for asking." Facts are that she had one chemo appointment which he did accompany...then he dragged her around to public events despite her immunosuppressed state as an actively treated cancer patient. What really fueled speculation was a press conference after New Years where notably bloated, pale, and winded.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Facts are that she had one chemo appointment which he did accompany...then he dragged her around to public events

When I had chemo treatments in August I got dragged around from hospital to hospital trying to get my blood pressure up. I hear that there is a lot of Covid in the hospitals?

17 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I didn't want this tagged as political

I think Wilbur flagged it after the first word? :dontknow:

Relating to the OP, though, a week + of incubation time seems pretty long, but maybe that's normal?  We have quite a few folks here test positive lately.  I wonder if they didn't notice until day 7 or later?  

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

She was caught partying in large groups in Florida, not distancing, no masks.  

Framed like that on the usual websites, of course, it makes it sound like she was on ecstasy at raves until 5:00 in the morning, which she wasn't.  To be fair, that she was photographed with a drink in her hand at a restaurant's sidewalk cafe outdoors during the day with her boyfriend is not "partying" and is not evidence of anything other than being hungry and ordering a drink at a restaurant or being on vacation.   

Hugging people at the drag queen thing shows some really bad judgement, though.  Not sure why anyone would think that is a good idea at any time (I think drag queens are the lowest form of "entertainment" out there), much less when omicron is shredding anyone it even looks at.   Dumb, and dumber.  I understand that she has to fall all over herself to show how inclusive she is and all, but geez, wtf?  And vacationing publicly where there are lots of folks all around you is stupid in this particular minute, too.  Go to the mountains or an isolated beach or something.  Just ridiculous, more obvious instruction in what not to do.

That said, I don't think her catching covid in Florida is such an own or a 'victory' like the one side wants to make it out to be, though.  For dog's sake, it happened in FLORIDA, where you even can't get in the state unless you prove you currently have coronavirus and you are super-willing to spread it around.  She didn't get it all in Washington or in New York, but step in FL for a minute (or hug a drag queen), and see what happens.

Just more people on both sides doing dumb things and generating dumb headlines about the dumb things being done with dumb spins.   

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Framed like that on the usual websites, of course, it makes it sound like she was on ecstasy at raves until 5:00 in the morning, which she wasn't.  To be fair, that she was photographed with a drink in her hand at a restaurant's sidewalk cafe outdoors during the day with her boyfriend is not "partying" and is not evidence of anything other than being hungry and ordering a drink at a restaurant or being on vacation.   

Hugging people at the drag queen thing shows some really bad judgement, though.  Not sure why anyone would think that is a good idea at any time (I think drag queens are the lowest form of "entertainment" out there), much less when omicron is shredding anyone it even looks at.   Dumb, and dumber.  I understand that she has to fall all over herself to show how inclusive she is and all, but geez, wtf?  And vacationing publicly where there are lots of folks all around you is stupid, too.  Go to the mountains or an isolated beach or something.

That said, I don't think her catching covid in Florida is such an own or a 'victory' like the one side wants to make it out to be, though.  For dog's sake, it happened in FLORIDA, where you even can't get in the state unless you prove you currently have coronavirus and you are super-willing to spread it around.  She didn't get it all in Washington or in New York, but step in FL for a minute, and see what happens.

Just more people on both sides doing dumb things and saying dumber things about the dumb things being done.   

I hope you don't get "caught" going to the grocery store this week, you filthy New Yorker! But, we can then say you caught COVID in Ohio, so there is that! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I hope you don't get "caught" going to the grocery store this week, you filthy New Yorker! But, we can then say you caught COVID in Ohio, so there is that! 

it sucks when the wind blows from the south, it blows all the Ohio my way :(

19 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Play Stupid Games
Win Stupid Prizes

• Heart 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My partying escapades in Trader Joe's are well known, good thing I know how to ditch the tabloid photographers!

However, I have yet to catch covid of any stripe (knock on wood) in Ohio or anywhere else.  The gf got it in Ohio, though, that is a laugh a minute memory now, though.  She stayed over last night, so we will see if the time-to-clear after symptom abatement is accurate.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

However, I have yet to catch covid of any stripe (knock on wood) in Ohio or anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure your shenanigans in Ohio - unmasked no doubt - will still be considered the source of any COVID infection no matter insignificant it might be or if it is days, weeks, or months from now! 

I see it now:

RG Tests Positive After Partying In Ohio!!!! 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That is what I am hearing about omicron, that it doesn't muck about and gets after it in a hurry.

Stop. You were in Ohio a couple weeks ago. If you test positive, that's where you caught it!  Rocket science, my boy!  :scratchhead:

• Heart 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I'm pretty sure your shenanigans in Ohio - unmasked no doubt - will still be considered the source of any COVID infection no matter insignificant it might be or if it is days, weeks, or months from now! 

I see it now:

RG Tests Positive After Partying In Ohio!!!! 

I did have some beer while there, it was pretty epic.  Dortmunder Gold, doncha know.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1