So, AOC goes to FL to party and she gets Covid.

Wilbur

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I was driving cross country once and I stopped at four corners with my dog.  We got out of the car and I placed one paw each on each of the four states at once.  She seemed confused and underwhelmed at the same time.

Things to Do in the Four Corners Region | Colorado.com

Ever do it in four states at once?:whistle:

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Ever do it in four states at once?:whistle:

That is a fine aspiration, but not yet.  There are probably cameras everywhere now, and Johnny Law is a pervert of the highest order.  I am sure they would let you get going for a while and then lock you up.

I am not even close to joining the mile-high club, either.  Maybe one day...

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

That is a fine aspiration, but not yet.  There are probably cameras everywhere now, and Johnny Law is a pervert of the highest order.  I am sure they would let you get going for a while and then lock you up.

I am not even close to joining the mile-high club, either.  Maybe one day...

Does it count if you do it solo?

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Framed like that on the usual websites, of course, it makes it sound like she was on ecstasy at raves until 5:00 in the morning, which she wasn't.  To be fair, that she was photographed with a drink in her hand at a restaurant's sidewalk cafe outdoors during the day with her boyfriend is not "partying" and is not evidence of anything other than being hungry and ordering a drink at a restaurant or being on vacation.   

Hugging people at the drag queen thing shows some really bad judgement, though.  Not sure why anyone would think that is a good idea at any time (I think drag queens are the lowest form of "entertainment" out there), much less when omicron is shredding anyone it even looks at.   Dumb, and dumber.  I understand that she has to fall all over herself to show how inclusive she is and all, but geez, wtf?  And vacationing publicly where there are lots of folks all around you is stupid in this particular minute, too.  Go to the mountains or an isolated beach or something.  Just ridiculous, more obvious instruction in what not to do.

That said, I don't think her catching covid in Florida is such an own or a 'victory' like the one side wants to make it out to be, though.  For dog's sake, it happened in FLORIDA, where you even can't get in the state unless you prove you currently have coronavirus and you are super-willing to spread it around.  She didn't get it all in Washington or in New York, but step in FL for a minute (or hug a drag queen), and see what happens.

Just more people on both sides doing dumb things and printing dumb headlines about the dumb things being done.   

There are some news sites going rabid over seeing this woman enjoy a meal with her boyfriend. Not sure how one would eat through a mask.

Eh, I guess they need something to get their panties all twisted up about. At least they have moved on from being angry about big bird.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Framed like that on the usual websites, of course, it makes it sound like she was on ecstasy at raves until 5:00 in the morning, which she wasn't.  To be fair, that she was photographed with a drink in her hand at a restaurant's sidewalk cafe outdoors during the day with her boyfriend is not "partying" and is not evidence of anything other than being hungry and ordering a drink at a restaurant or being on vacation.   

Hugging people at the drag queen thing shows some really bad judgement, though.  Not sure why anyone would think that is a good idea at any time (I think drag queens are the lowest form of "entertainment" out there), much less when omicron is shredding anyone it even looks at.   Dumb, and dumber.  I understand that she has to fall all over herself to show how inclusive she is and all, but geez, wtf?  And vacationing publicly where there are lots of folks all around you is stupid in this particular minute, too.  Go to the mountains or an isolated beach or something.  Just ridiculous, more obvious instruction in what not to do.

That said, I don't think her catching covid in Florida is such an own or a 'victory' like the one side wants to make it out to be, though.  For dog's sake, it happened in FLORIDA, where you even can't get in the state unless you prove you currently have coronavirus and you are super-willing to spread it around.  She didn't get it all in Washington or in New York, but step in FL for a minute (or hug a drag queen), and see what happens.

Just more people on both sides doing dumb things and printing dumb headlines about the dumb things being done.   

Yeah, a lot of bad judgement there.  But probably the most head scratching of all was the choice of location.  She's spent months railing about what a bad job the DeSantis is doing, spreading COVID like that, then where does she chose to go?  Did NONE of her aides suggest Ohio or something?

Oh, maybe they did give her that choice and she figured it was still more fun than Ohio.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Did you see the "Big Mouth" episode where they go to Florida?  If that doesn't get you thinking about vacation choices, I don't know what will!

She could have gone anywhere in the Bahamas and most of the Caribbean where there is considerably less risk.  

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

She could have gone anywhere in the Bahamas and most of the Caribbean where there is considerably less risk.  

Fewer drag queens there, I bet.  I am guessing that her trip was kinda meant to be an in-your-face trolling gone wrong.  Just makes everybody look bad.

• Heart 3

20 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Maskless mingling and hugging spreads it real good apparently.  Young people are so effing stupid about this virus.  

There are now 32 cases confirmed from a party my idiot niece attended on NYE.  Her excuse..  They are all in my bubble! 

One side of me wants them to get by painlessly but deep down.... well, the same.  They are just stupid.  That is all. 

Even if the younger people figure they not likely to get very sick, they have to realize they can spread it older people more likely to have serious problems.

It's not only "just stupid," it shows a lack of concern and character.

My 77 year-old cousin in Corning, NY had a furnace die in early 2021.  Her 81 year-old husband had been able to get the first Pfizer shot through the local Veteran's Hospital.

The guy who came to fix the furnace would not wear a mask and they had little choice other than freeze to death if they sent him away.

It turned out the guy had COVID.  Two weeks later my cousin was dead.  Her husband had the shot long enough that he was hospitalized for two days only.

• Heart 1

32 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Even if the younger people figure they not likely to get very sick, they have to realize they can spread it older people more likely to have serious problems.

My 77 year-old cousin in Corning, NY had a furnace die in early 2021.  Her 81 year-old husband had been able to get the first Pfizer shot through the local Veteran's Hospital.

The guy who came to fix the furnace would not wear a mask and they had little choice other than freeze to death if they sent him away.

It turned out the guy had COVID.  Two weeks later my cousin was dead.  Her husband had the shot long enough that he was hospitalized for two days only.

and no masks here

20220108_174112_900p.jpg.bc7b7c2d4654d66fe4194ec9712a0846.jpg

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Fewer drag queens there, I bet.  I am guessing that her trip was kinda meant to be an in-your-face trolling gone wrong.  Just makes everybody look bad.

Is AOC a drag queen? And btw, I don't know who big bird is. Plus @Dirtyhip is ignoring me.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Same with my niece, Mick.  Her mother, my sister is immunocompromised and they live in the same household.  She had no thoughts at all of the consequences of her NYE party.  They just don't care. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

There once was a lady named Alice,

used a dynamite stick for a phallus.

They found her vagina

in North Carolina,

and her ass seven miles west of Dallas.

Reminds me of the alternate version of the North Carolina State Song. I only know the first two lines...but that is enough. 

• Heart 1

Credit is due to everyone here!

AOC?  DeSantis?  COVID?  In ONE thread!  This is about as political as can be, but we haven't gotten political and shut the thread down.

Some credit goes to AOC, for making a decision so obviously bad that both sides can unite behind the criticism!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

Credit is due to everyone here!

AOC?  DeSantis?  COVID?  In ONE thread!  This is about as political as can be, but we haven't gotten political and shut the thread down.

Some credit goes to AOC, for making a decision so obviously bad that both sides can unite behind the criticism!

it's got some funny bits

• Heart 1

16 minutes ago, 12string said:

Lots of credit due there.  When both sides can both see the stupidity and tacitly admit that it is stupidity and point to an obvious consequence from the stupidity, then you are really onto something!

21 minutes ago, 12string said:

You forgot about drag queens and rainbow-colored letters of the flag, all 62 of them, as well as a couple of plus signs and hashtags and anything else you can drag into it.  I wonder if midgets could have been added, too, just to really make it more colorful.

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I asked how you were doing the other day and didn't respond :( 

I am sorry. Must have missed that. it was not intentional.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Listen.  You fired the first shot of politics yesterday.  If you don't want shots back, don't dish them out.  

I stated my opinion about a biased new site that I don't read.  Sorry, if you own stock in it.  That is ALL I said. 

Please leave me alone.