Rip Bob Saget

Wilbur

On 1/9/2022 at 8:21 PM, Further said:

WAY too much die n goin on

My best friend in high school died at 55 from cancer.  My best friend at my workplace died at 55 from cancer.  My best internet friend died at 56.  

If you are 55 or less, you should avoid being my friend at all costs.  :(

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
  • Hugs 1

Just now, Road Runner said:

My best friend in high school died at 55 from cancer.  My best friend at my workplace died at 55 from cancer.  My best internet friend died at 56.  

If you are 55, you should avoid being my friend at all costs.  :(

I made it. by quite few years

• Hugs 1

11 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I just saw him on the Jay Leno's Garage TV show a couple of months ago. One thing that I didn't know about Bob was that he was very obscene during his standup comedy routines.

Yea, I heard him on a podcast one time and was really shocked.  Not that it bothered me at all, just not what I was used to from his TV persona.  

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

I just saw him on the Jay Leno's Garage TV show a couple of months ago. One thing that I didn't know about Bob was that he was very obscene during his standup comedy routines.

That was about the only thing I knew about his standup.  

12 hours ago, Kirby said:

Way too young.

For sure :( 

At a hotel in Orlando. See, another reason not to come to Florida.

A lot of local news coverage. Don't think was Covid but waiting for post mortem report. Wasn't showing or relating experiencing any symptoms in a public show he had hours earlier. Also, no foul play or self inflicted, drugs or alcohol. With such a sudden event, would suspect cardiac over Covid.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

At a hotel in Orlando. See, another reason not to come to Florida.

A lot of local news coverage. Don't think was Covid but waiting for post mortem report. Wasn't showing or relating experiencing any symptoms in a public show he had hours earlier. Also, no foul play or self inflicted, drugs or alcohol. With such a sudden event, would suspect cardiac over Covid.

A large portion of my travel has me in Florida.  I may still buy a sailboat to keep there.  That way, I can escape while there. :) 

• Heart 4

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

A large portion of my travel has me in Florida.  I may still buy a sailboat to keep there.  That way, I can escape while there. :) 

I don't even sail, but Florida definitely screams "sailboat" or any boat.  For the US, Florida has pretty much the best conditions for boat ownership anywhere.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't even sail, but Florida definitely screams "sailboat" or any boat.  For the US, Florida has pretty much the best conditions for boat ownership anywhere.  

I agree but with 1 exception.  Turkiye has exceptional sailing and a very active sailing/boating community. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I was too old to have Growing Pains as part of my childhood, but a lot of younger people 'grew up" watching the show.  It can be especially shocking when someone who was a part of your growing up dies suddenly - it's almost like a shock to the innocence of childhood.   To me, it was Jim Henson, but I suspect it may be Bob Saget for a number of younger people.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Full House! I think that was a couple years later than Growing Pains (Michael J Fox!).

Right you are.  I told you I didn't watch it.  Although some people probably felt the same way when Alan Thicke died at age 69.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Very understandable. Actually, my neighbor did that but was due to divorce. His ex stayed at the house and he moved to the 45' sailboat moored in Titusville. Also, when I was at Schwab, one of my clients primary home was in France but wintered on his boat harbored in Tampa - an international snowbird.

Concerning Growing Pains, I never got into the program. The first three years coincided with my being stationed in Great Britian where there was no satellite, and US programming, such as Dallas, was two or three seasons behind. When returned to the States, there were three more seasons...but the buzz was gone.

• Heart 1

Just 65!  Most of my high school class of 278 turns 72 in 2022 and, while there were deaths among us in our 20's to 50's, there have been none reported in the past decade among the many of us that post on our private Facebook page.  Hopefully, most of us will still be reminiscing in the next decade.