Did you have a great day on your bike today?

Road Runner

Glad ya had an awesome day, RR. My day....meh....not so much. I need to get back on the bike.

Yes.  Yes you do.  Some days I'm not overly enthused about going for a ride, but afterwards I am ALWAYS very glad that I went (with a few notable exceptions).

Each ride is a mini-adventure, each with its own set of problems and fun, even on the same roads, at the same time of the day, etc.

Speaking only for myself, of course, but my life is greatly enhanced by my daily rides.   :)

• Heart 2

Yes.  Yes you do.  Some days I'm not overly enthused about going for a ride, but afterwards I am ALWAYS very glad that I went (with a few notable exceptions).

Each ride is a mini-adventure, each with its own set of problems and fun, even on the same roads, at the same time of the day, etc.

Speaking only for myself, of course, but my life is greatly enhanced by my daily rides.   :)

Did you get home in time to watch Jeopardy?

This is a post worthy of the old Love Forum, where we talked about all the great stuff aboot biking. :)

The post-ride buzz was when Pimp On Wheels did his best work. :)

Some of my favourite parts of rides are the "last person in the world", or the "lost in time", or the "time stands still" feeling on isolated and deserted roads. :)  (Extra points when they all coincide.)

• Heart 1

Rode 26.1 miles @ 17.8 avg.  on the SS into lots of wind while catching every traffic light in the city!   :)

How do you ride that far with a big 'ol moose knuckle in your shorts?  Doesn't it get in the way or make it uncomfortable to stay on the seat?   :huh:

The top bracket holding my front rack to my bike failed today, at a busy intersection. The rack fell forward and stopped me instantly. I took a fall and I have a small scrape on my leg, but it could have been so much worse. I would say I had a very good ride today.

• Heart 2

I didnt answer this originally because I thought it was about Friday.  On Saturday we had one of the better club rides this year, and I was able to extend the ride for my October century ride (97.x, anything over 90 miles counts).  Sunday I had a great followup ride of 37.1.  The weather was nearly perfect, and I rode it at a higher ave than I thought I would.

• Heart 1