Georgia - Alabama!

Razors Edge

Well, it's rumored to be hard to beat a team twice in the same season. Except, with the depth of players & coaching & time between games, I really don't think that applies. Bama knows that what worked well the last time won't work the same this time.

In the SEC game, Bama played like they got a little embarrassed (they did) the last time they played (Auburn, 4OTs), GA played like they had more important games to play.

In the semis, Bama played like they didn't want to give any intel away while exploiting a (significant) flaw in the Bearcat's defense. GA played like they got embarrassed the last time they played (they did)

Bama has some key players out (Metchie & Jobe) that played the last time. I think Bama will try to pressure Bennett so he doesn't have time to go downfield to exploit the secondary weaknesses. A receiver or two is going to have to step up to fill Metchie's spot.

If they both teams play well, it might be the last team with the ball who's the winner.

• Heart 3

45 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Well, it's rumored to be hard to beat a team twice in the same season. Except, with the depth of players & coaching & time between games, I really don't think that applies. Bama knows that what worked well the last time won't work the same this time.

In the SEC game, Bama played like they got a little embarrassed (they did) the last time they played (Auburn, 4OTs), GA played like they had more important games to play.

In the semis, Bama played like they didn't want to give any intel away while exploiting a (significant) flaw in the Bearcat's defense. GA played like they got embarrassed the last time they played (they did)

Bama has some key players out (Metchie & Jobe) that played the last time. I think Bama will try to pressure Bennett so he doesn't have time to go downfield to exploit the secondary weaknesses. A receiver or two is going to have to step up to fill Metchie's spot.

If they both teams play well, it might be the last team with the ball who's the winner.

Yea I agree with most of this.  But I kinda feel like that Georgia took a "strategic loss" when they played in conference finals.  Not tipping their hand as to defensive schemes (not like there's not a million minutes of game film to watch)  which QB plays, etc.  They had nothing to lose and everything to gain in that game.  Even if they lose then they still get in, still most likely get to championship game.  Bama had to play all out to win and keep playing.