Confused about Amazon delivery options

MickinMD

Should I choose Wednesday and (possibility of) Thursday delivery?

Or should I choose the Thursday delivery where "some orders may arrive a day early"?

:scratchhead: :)

Note that "Day Delivery" is an option for Amazon Prime members to get all stuff delivered on ONE specific day!  Somehow that doesn't seem to apply here!

image.png.1e30d6ff7429ff8b8bbd6690dbd315b3.png

14 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I try to have all my orders delivered on the same day with the hope, usually unfounded, that there will be fewer boxes and less packaging.

I don't even bother trying anymore.  They come from different warehouses usually, so no matter how I try to make sense of it, it still just shows up however they wanted it.

14 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

what confuses me aboot Amazon deliveries is, I see multiple vans delivering in my complex throughout the day with different drivers. Wouldn't it make sense to plan better and have one person deliver to a location?

For us? Yes. For the volume they do? Surely not.  I'd love to sit in their logistics team planning meetings and hear the crazy stuff they sort out.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had two deliveries from amazon yesterday. One at the front door and one in my mailbox out at the road. I got notifications on both of them or I wouldn’t have known. They don’t knock on the door anymore.

Yep - those days are long gone for us.  Garage door, front door, mailbox. All depends on the driver and the size, I guess?

FedEx seems to still ring the doorbell.

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep - those days are long gone for us.  Garage door, front door, mailbox. All depends on the driver and the size, I guess?

FedEx seems to still ring the doorbell.

Nope.  They dumped a box out the back door of the truck about 50 feet from the house.  I do mean dumped as womaxx watched the driver just roll it out the doo about 3 feet above the ground.  To be fair, this was not one of the marked trucks, but rather one of the army of hired delivery drivers and vans that they are using now.  Yes it was reported.  Won't help.