Order in the court

maddmaxx

20 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

orange is faster

It was almost orange till I saw the demo car from the shop that makes my wing/spoiler.  That changed my mind and sealed the deal.  The only difference is that I opted for gloss black.  The picture from the painter looks matt because the overspray film hasn't been removed from the outside of the body yet.

264801302_291477319657277_3951849699361574566_n.jpg.d77e04707a337475c0fbbb9d1d6028ee.jpg

• Heart 3

2 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

It was almost orange till I saw the demo car from the shop that makes my wing/spoiler.  That changed my mind and sealed the deal.  The only difference is that I opted for gloss black.  The picture from the painter looks matt because the overspray film hasn't been removed from the outside of the body yet.

cool, is that real carbon fiber?

26 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

264801302_291477319657277_3951849699361574566_n.jpg.d77e04707a337475c0fbbb9d1d6028ee.jpg

Tires look bald.

39 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

cool, is that real carbon fiber?

No.  The manufacturer offers a carbon wrap but I have a plain unwrapped version coming.  The wing will be painted the same color as the body, gloss black.  The "wing" serves two purposes.  First, the vertical's are there to help keep the back end of the car in back during a run, much like feathers on an arrow.  Second, the "wing" encourages air to depart from it's underside in a smooth controlled manner thus reducing drag.  It remains to be seen if any of the wickerbill on the back of the wing will need to be cut down or not.  The design is new and I won't know till testing in the spring.  If the nose of the car stays down when the boost kicks in near the finish line then it's good as is.  There has to be some sort of balance between down force on the rear tires and too much in back resulting in the nose rotating and the car attempting to take flight.  This class of car is capable of approaching 70 mph in the traps with an ET of perhaps 2.1 seconds over the 132 feet.  At this time the only carbon fiber in the car is in the rear body mount and the electronic throttle system mounting plate.

• Heart 1

This is the outlaw car going underneath that body.  4 1/2 lbs with over 2 horsepower.  This car is fat by 2022 standards as it doesn't have al all carbon chassis.  I'm not that competitive in this class but I'm learning.  I am competitive with the gasser, having won one weekend race last year and being as fast as anything else out there.

DSCN0684.thumb.JPG.c1b3b6b90b895694ce1aa683a9617453.JPGDSCN0682.thumb.JPG.2bd1f4e7f9b00ddedad3c2606e427d25.JPG

• Heart 1