There is Intercourse in my future

Gump

3 minutes ago, Gump said:

Just booked a weekend in Intercourse PA. WoGump wants to go see her sister in Abingdon MD that Friday for a few hours. Looking at hiking some of the AT while there, weather permitting.

Bird in Hand is a little more small town.  Intercourse is over-rated.  Can't believe I just said that! 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Bird in Hand is a little more small town.  Intercourse is over-rated.  Can't believe I just said that! 

We started going there about 20 years ago. Went every couple years to the Sight and Sound theater. It is sort of touristy but we stay at the same place everytime as a base for doing other things.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dottles said:

I hiked 2 miles of the AT!  I'm a real veteran of that trail.

I’ve ridden the part of the AT that joins up with the C&O Canal trail at Harpers Ferry. I see those poor suckers plodding along with their heavy packs and wonder what they see in it. They are probably saying the same thing about me.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Gump said:

Just booked a weekend in Intercourse PA. WoGump wants to go see her sister in Abingdon MD that Friday for a few hours. Looking at hiking some of the AT while there, weather permitting.

Cool, but not really too close. Plenty of other things to see and do without driving to the AT. Unless you're piecing it together?  

Longwood Gardens and some other fancy homes are not too far away, and that would be a nice day out (also weather dependent).