OK, Gina said it would NOT hurt 🤣

Mr. Beanz

Gina got the booster couple weeks back.  Said the gal who did it was really good so she didn't feel it. 

I went to the same gal today and OUCH! 🤣

I've turned into such a big wuss since this covid thing started. 😄

I should have asked her to lance that pimple while I was there. 😁 We'll see how I feel on my ride tomorrow. 🤔

20220110_151036.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

Gina got the booster couple weeks back.  Said the gal who did it was really good so she didn't feel it. 

I went to the same gal today and OUCH! 🤣

I've turned into such a big wuss since this covid thing started. 😄

I should have asked her to lance that pimple while I was there. 😁 We'll see how I feel on my ride tomorrow. 🤔

20220110_151036.jpg

Women are hardcore when it comes to handling pain.   Woman up, beotch!  :) 

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 3

I have to admit that after two painless vaccinations that the booster got a bit of a yelp from me.  That was not from the needle going in but during the depression of the plunger when the liquid was actually injected.  I guess it depends on how close to a specific nerve cluster the action is on any given shot.

Luck of the draw so to speak.

My actual reaction to the booster was the easiest of all three shots.

• Awesome 1

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hope you react well to it though Beanz.  My reactions got a tiny bit worse with each vaxx. 

It’s been interesting in my family.  Some who had no reaction to the first shots got laid out by the booster.  Some got sick on the second & booster. My wife sailed through all three just fine and only the second shot jacked me up, the booster was fine. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

It’s been interesting in my family.  Some who had no reaction to the first shots got laid out by the booster.  Some got sick on the second & booster. My wife sailed through all three just fine and only the second shot jacked me up, the booster was fine. 

My first three were great, minor discomfort but the 4th knocked me down for a few days. 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

My first three were great, minor discomfort but the 4th knocked me down for a few days. 

Yeah none of us are at #4 yet so we’ll see how that goes.  I actually had very little arm soreness on #2 or #3 but the first shot left me with dead arm for a couple of days. 

For all 3 shots, I felt pain in arm for next few days..other than the fact, during the "recovery" time, I couldn't sleep on same side of sore arm , I was fine. On 3rd/booster shot, I slept deep and long, plus a little phlegm at bottom of throat months before pandemic..went away.

I'm focusing on getting my shingles shot soon...have the lst prescription from doctor. I need to have it since I did have chickenpox as a child.  (and mother got it. She later got shingles about 4 years ago.) Cost of shingles shot is covered by my work benefit..so another incentive for me to get it all done before retirement.

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

For all 3 shots, I felt pain in arm for next few days..other than the fact, during the "recovery" time, I couldn't sleep on same side of sore arm , I was fine. On 3rd/booster shot, I slept deep and long, plus a little phlegm at bottom of throat months before pandemic..went away.

I'm focusing on getting my shingles shot soon...have the lst prescription from doctor. I need to have it since I did have chickenpox as a child.  (and mother got it. She later got shingles about 4 years ago.) Cost of shingles shot is covered by my work benefit..so another incentive for me to get it all done before retirement.

Get it done!  You don't want shingles! 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

My booster was so painless, I still question whether the nurse actually gave me the shot.  It didn't hurt at all and not even a sore arm like before.  

For 2nd one, I didn't even feel the needle go in.

I honestly think it's where on arm the vaccinator has put it, etc....maybe parrhead can enlighten us.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’m scheduled for mine on Friday afternoon. What am I to anticipate? Arm soreness, or total body aches/flu like symptoms?

Hot burning sensation.  I did not feel ill as I recall but you may have a lingering, discomforting burn in your shoulder for some time afterwards— like into the next day. 

Then again you may just be fine. I have to go back for my second anytime. 

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

False hope.

You will be doing what you have to for your own protection and that of others while some do their best to kill you.

I don’t think anyone’s going to catch chicken pox if I skip the shingles vaccine. And I do hope that my belief it may reduce risk of a zoster outbreak isn’t false. I hear they hurt. 

I’ve been boosted for Covid for awhile. After Pfizer dose 1, I didn’t feel any side effects.

• Heart 1

I had a young nurse/nursing student give me my booster last month.  Definitely not as good at giving a shot as the pharmacists who gave me the original two shots.  

On a pain scale of 1-10? A 2?  A zero for the original ones (didn't feel them!), but this last one I felt.

• Heart 1

Yes, got in a ride today,  the day after. 30.2 miles. Day after vaccine ride. Arm was sore last night. Slept on it as it felt soothing.  Got up, no discomfort  or other symptoms. So I decided to go for an easy 20 without much effort to be safe.  But felt so good that I kept going.  Even did the steep dam climb. My partner had shown me a way around the climb but I'd rather ride up hill than ride a 100 yard patch of dirt. 😄

Ended up feeling great so I pushed hard on the last 7 miles or so feeling 👍

Only 7,060 feet for the month so far.

Finally a one base layer kind of day. Nice outside. 

20220111_105530.jpg

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I don’t think anyone’s going to catch chicken pox if I skip the shingles vaccine. And I do hope that my belief it may reduce risk of a zoster outbreak isn’t false. I hear they hurt. 

I’ve been boosted for Covid for awhile. After Pfizer dose 1, I didn’t feel any side effects.

I misunderstood that it was a shingles shot.  I was actually commenting on the false expectations that the covid vaccine has brought to the table.

• Heart 1