NFL Super wild card predictions -- who you got?

Dottleshead

The games  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Raiders/Bengals

• Las Vegas Raiders
    • Cincinatti Bengals
  2. 2. Eagles/Buccaneers

• Philadelphia Eagles
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
  3. 3. Cowboys/49ers

• Dallas Cowboys
    • San Francisco 49ers
  4. 4. Steelers/Chiefs

• Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Kansas City Chiefs
  5. 5. Cardinals/Rams

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Los Angeles Rams

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

I had trouble with the Raiders/Bengals matchup. Conflicted with wanting to see the Bengals lose and the reality of the chances of a Raider victory. Then I asked myself, when was the last time that Cincinnati won a first round playoff game? 

I did too.  I also think the Patriots/Bills game is going to be very close.  Rooting for the 49ers but that's a solid Dallas team.

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I’m picking an upset Pats over Bills.  Sorry @BuffJim but I think Belichek will find a way to win. 

Unfortunately Josh Allen’s style is more suited to a dome. His fastballs are harder to catch in cold weather. Next Saturday is looking cold but dry so far. I think we’ll win, but Belichic is a master. 

• Heart 1

So, in the beginning of the year, I said Miami would make the playoffs, then they go 1-7 to start the year and I talk about" How could I be so wrong?  I suck at prognosticating!".  Then they finish with a flourish (9-8) even though the starting QB can't break a throw past 12 yards to save his life, through what seems like really solid coaching.  Then they fire the coach.  :wacko:

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Then I asked myself, when was the last time that Cincinnati won

I think this is a better Bengals team than they’ve had since Ickey Woods.

I’ll never bet against the Patriots. I haven’t watched any of their games, but know the Steelers beat the Bills this year, and the Steelers are a mediocre team at best. 

18 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I think this is a better Bengals team than they’ve had since Ickey Woods.

I’ll never bet against the Patriots. I haven’t watched any of their games, but know the Steelers beat the Bills this year, and the Steelers are a mediocre team at best. 

Yeah I’m not betting. 

33 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

So, in the beginning of the year, I said Miami would make the playoffs, then they go 1-7 to start the year and I talk about" How could I be so wrong?  I suck at prognosticating!".  Then they finish with a flourish (9-8) even though the starting QB can't break a throw past 12 yards to save his life, through what seems like really solid coaching.  Then they fire the coach.  :wacko:

Where are the preseason prediction posts?

21 minutes ago, Dottles said:

So nobody is picking the Steelers?

The Steelers have little hope in this one.  They stand a tiny chance if they get an early lead and can run the ball, but I don't see them being able to even be in the same stadium if the Chiefs get an early lead.

I give the Steelers maybe a 2-3% shot at winning this game, with maybe a 5% chance of even being in the game at any point in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

The Steelers have little hope in this one.  They stand a tiny chance if they get an early lead and can run the ball, but I don't see them being able to even be in the same stadium if the Chiefs get an early lead.

I give the Steelers maybe a 2-3% shot at winning this game, with maybe a 5% chance of even being in the game at any point in the 4th quarter.

100%

On 1/10/2022 at 7:12 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

Neither am I. I just don’t want to root for a team just to have the Patriots yank that enjoyment away. So I’ll assume the Pats will win, and then be happily surprised if not. 

Everybody's winner for Saturday's second game... except -- ahem -- @Square Wheels.  But the biggest winner is @BuffJim!  I wonder if he's going to be hungover today.

• Haha 1

My summary of the game:

Weather was blooming freezing.
Bills only got the ball 4 times in the first half.
After the Bills first drive in the 2nd half I basically gave up on thinking the game was going to have a big come back from behind.
The Bills kicker was pretty rubbish in the game.
The Defense allowed NE to get too many breakaways and TD's.
It got to the point where the Bills even took Allen off in the 4th Q.

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

Outcome of Steelers Chiefs matters a lot to me. Steelers win, they come to Buffalo next weekend. Chiefs win, we go to KC. I think the Chiefs are better, but either team could win. 

No.  <slap> No Eagles. <slap>  No Steelers. <slap> You're going to KC.  Put the Cool-Aid down and drink this:

A small cup of coffee.JPG