Tour Da Yoop, Eh

Longjohn

image.thumb.png.2cf5eed63008d1b72c3d8da1d25ab736.pngimage.thumb.png.2cf5eed63008d1b72c3d8da1d25ab736.png

Wow, this sounds like such a good ride but probably beyond my ability. I’ll bet Az could do it. 1,200 miles in ten days. Ride the upper peninsula. If I did it I would have to stop and see @smudge when I was done. I’ve never done more than two centuries in a row so probably shouldn’t even consider it.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

image.thumb.png.2cf5eed63008d1b72c3d8da1d25ab736.pngimage.thumb.png.2cf5eed63008d1b72c3d8da1d25ab736.png

Wow, this sounds like such a good ride but probably beyond my ability. I’ll bet Az could do it. 1,200 miles in ten days. Ride the upper peninsula. If I did it I would have to stop and see @smudge when I was done. I’ve never done more than two centuries in a row so probably shouldn’t even consider it.

You probably could have done it LJ... at least a decade ago or later.

Dearie  did  pile in 100 km days back to back segments...from Vancouver to Toronto in 45 days.     I was a bit shocked he once did 200 km. in 1 day. But he had no choice and kept on going..he was in a semi-isolated area somewhere in British Columbia. He had to ride to find a place to camp/eat. The problem...when Canada is  so huge and isolated in chunks. From a cyclist perspective, we really feel the immensity of our respective countries.

• Heart 1

@Longjohnthat sounds like a fun ride, but as @smudge pointed oot, the wind could be horrible. In 2018 me & a few friends did some biking in the U.P., and we were riding back from Detour along Lake Huron to Cederville. The wind was blowing directly across the lake...it was horribly difficult. It was probably the one moment I had to stay tucked behind a buddy. He saved me :D.  Then we had beers herehttps://www.lescheneauxdistillers.com/ One of my friend's (on this trip) cousin owns it. Great food & beer. Fun: yes, difficult: yes, good story: absolutely.  We also rode on Drummond Island, that was fun. This was the 87 mile ride (there n back).

There is supported version where they carry your luggage. That's the one I'd do. https://www.tourdayoopeh.com/

image.thumb.png.39062753d647fb1ffc1a2c1fb4dd963b.png

• Awesome 1