I forget any Audiophiles here?

goldendesign

With the move to WFH I've updated a lot of my audio equipment. Sold off a bunch of cans in favor of IEMs and finalized my music server software.

Equipment as of now:
Portable 

• Hidizs S9 Pro (USB-C DAC/AMP)
  • Earstudio ES100 MK2 (Bluetooth DAC/AMP)
  • NiceHCK M6 
  • MoonDrop Blessing 2 Stabilized wood edition
  • Thieaudio Monarch MK2

Full Sized 

• Topping DX3 Pro (DAC/AMP)
  • Monoprice 1060
  • HifiMan Sundara

Room

• Micca Pb42x (office)
  • ELAC Debut 2.0 (bedroom and living room mains)
  • Topping MX3 (DAC/AMP) for both sets of speakers

Source

• AirSonic music server
    • 554 artists
      1,756 albums
      24,732 songs
      893.69 GB
      1,712 hours
    • All FLAC
  • U-Turn Audio Orbit Plus (Vinyl)

I'm particularly proud of the music server. I use several pieces of software that tracks trends in Spotify and Apple Music, catalogs artists and albums and adds them to a repository for my torrenting app which downloads the songs/albums in the format and fidelity I want and then adds it to my music server. The server then adds metadata, updated a series of playlists automatically and is available via web or application anywhere I have internet. 

image.thumb.png.2c0e238fe3831a6b6288ea3454869764.png

• Heart 2

Sadly, my music listening is at a minimum these days.   In the car I will play via BT from my phone or even a CD (but often choose NPR or a podcast instead) and while working I have the Music Choice channels (Light Classical or Alternative or Classic Rock).  Other than that, rarely listening to much music anymore in any consistent manner. :(

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, goldendesign said:

No but there is plenty of room on the server (performance wise) I could create login credentials for you to access.

Generous offer, but overkill for my little Bluetooth speaker. I listen to Pandora stations mostly, and Spotify when I want new music. 

I'm more old school.  One these days, I'll either need to buy a new direct drive turntable, or try open heart surgery on my 80's Technics SL-1401 turn table.  One channel has quit working.  :(

My favorite speakers....  (very similar to this, I use the grill covers)  when we watch a blu-ray or DVD they sound incredible.     The surround speakers aren't in the picture.   And our room is carpeted to absorb some of the sound reflections.  And we don't have the windows either. 

Watching Bohemian Rhapsody with incredibly clear concert level sound is more than just a movie.

image.png.54938c6ff02d68b56997679df8ba0442.png

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

4 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Watching Bohemian Rhapsody with incredibly clear concert level sound is more than just a movie.

That is what turned my wife around to higher quality audio. I use a 3.1 setup for my primary TV consuming, have never gotten into full surround. Wife was happy with the Vizio soundbar until I played a Blu-Ray of Alchemy Live by Dire Straits. From then on I had a looser leash for audio purchases.

Course my last set of IEMs, Thieaudio Monarchs, did take some convincing and selling of other stuff to offset the hefty price tag. :P