On a scale of 8-10, How excited are you for the

BuffJim

Much less than usual.  They just named the figure skating team and it always makes me happy for the ones who made it, but very sad for the ones who just missed.   There are some people I'm rooting for, but they didn't look that strong at Nationals, so that just makes me nervous for them. Also, the virus took a toll on the skaters at Nationals and I'm concerned a number of athletes may not be able to compete.

Once it gets started, I'm sure I'll get involved in some of the feel good stories, but I watched much less of the summer Olympics than I usually do, and I suspect it will be the same for the winter Olympics.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Winter Olympics in China 🇨🇳
Im not feeling it quite yet, but once the skiers and skaters start crashing I’ll warm up to them. Wondering if this will be the first Olympic Biathlon with a casualty toll. That would be something. 

Ditto

• Heart 1

9 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

0? I’d vote to boycott, if human rights isn’t too political to post here. Although I will miss the men’s hockey tournament.

I think boycotts are a bit lame at this point - on a country to country level.  The problem is with the IOC picking China in the first place (or Russia or many awful places).  Like the World Cup, the IOC seems readily bribed, and the longer folks gush about the Olympics, but don't see the need for changes, it's only going to get worse, not better (hence 2 Olympics in China and one in Russia in the past 20 yrs.).  Money, not amateur sportsmanship, is the reason for where we are now.