Atmospheric dump

Parsnip Totin Jack

16 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Is coming on Sunday. Early numbers are for 8.5” Sunday into Monday. Many grocery store shelves are already light. Panic buying will be a mess. 

We just melted most of the last snow and ice :angry:  It has been cold this past week for sure. Walking today - into the wind - I could have used a balaclava!  Probably should have put on my mask!

9 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Is coming on Sunday. Early numbers are for 8.5” Sunday into Monday. Many grocery store shelves are already light. Panic buying will be a mess. 

We're expected to dodge the bullet to your north, here in Central Maryland, with "possible" snow and a high of 39° Monday.

We've got forecast highs in the 40's Wed-Fri, the 20's Sat-Sun, then then the upper 30's to low 40's Mon-Sun.

I hope that holds true, though forecasting more than a few days ahead at this time of year is mostly guessing.

Some of the forecasts are saying we’re going to get significant snow from this system.  They also said the storm is still in a data sparse area of the Pacific, so take the exact forecasts with a grain of salt. (Salt will be completely sold out of the grocery stores by the weekend, so stock up now). 

24 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Some of the forecasts are saying we’re going to get significant snow from this system.  They also said the storm is still in a data sparse area of the Pacific, so take the exact forecasts with a grain of salt. (Salt will be completely sold out of the grocery stores by the weekend, so stock up now). 

I take all my forecasts with a dose of @BuffJim, salt isn’t good for the blood pressure. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

4 days out we are getting the typical guidance - "depends on the track", could be any combination of rain/sleet/ice/snow at this point.  I do enjoy a good wintertime Nor'easter since whatever/how much we get it's always a bit of a surprise.  I'll be prepping the snowblower and generator just in case.

Last week was the 26th anniversary of one of the biggest weather "surprises" I can remember, the 31" of snow that fell on Philadelphia (and by extension, my apartment just across the river).  Incredible, and still the most snow I ever saw from one storm (even with all those years in upstate NY and VT).  For that storm, the City of Philadelphia ended up "atmospheric dumping" snow into the Schuylkill River because there was nowhere else to put it.

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I’d do it for you, but not sure how to handle a parody with the dump in it. 

Use the same title.  Here is the body of the post.
Is coming on Sunday. Not going to dump until then. Early numbers are for 8.5” Sunday into Monday. Might be a foot long, who knows? Many grocery store shelves are already light as I have been buying and eating everything I can find.  My bathroom will be a mess.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Forecast is shifting west, which means we’ll likely get the brunt of it. Typical pattern for these systems is closer to the Atlantic coast in the form of a Nor’easter. I’ve seen a winter with upwards of 12 Nor’easter systems. 

What Black Magic do you use for your weather auguries?  Chicken bones at a full moon wearing a shaman's robe of otter pelts? 

• Heart 1

20 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

Use the same title.  Here is the body of the post.
Is coming on Sunday. Not going to dump until then. Early numbers are for 8.5” Sunday into Monday. Might be a foot long, who knows? Many grocery store shelves are already light as I have been buying and eating everything I can find.  My bathroom will be a mess.  

Where did that originate?  Flushing NY?

• Heart 1

I'll walk Jake today, then hopefully Tuesday and Thursday.  Hopefully the Sun-Mon snow will be melted off the trail by Tuesday afternoon.

One pound of fat is 4082 Calories.  But 2 1/4 pounds of carbs or protein - including muscle tissue - is 4082 Calories.

If you don't exercise enough while losing weight, your body doesn't burn much fat, even if you have lots of it, but starts eating away at your muscle tissue.  One study says you need to walk at least 40 min. at a time for 2-3 times/week.

image.thumb.png.d222a037b93850123d3e6764086eaf59.png