IF......You Know What You Want, go ahead

Mr. Beanz

Gina and I went to a restaurant restaurant yesterday,  hadn't been there in a while. We walk in, just about to order but not sure soo need a once over of the menu. Another couple walks in so I say to them, "IF you know what you want, go ahead  we need another minute."

Guy says ok, steps up to the order taking guy (Sizzler type system) and says, "what would you suggest for a guy like me? What does this come with. What is this, what is that?". 

We were ready within the minute like I said but now I have to listen to this guy question the worker for 5 minutes. 

Pfft! If someone tells me to go ahead if I'm ready. I go if I AM ready.  If I'm not, il tell them I need time as well.  But I'll not go ahead holding someone back because I don't understand the offer. 😒

21 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

Gina and I went to a restaurant restaurant yesterday,  hadn't been there in a while. We walk in, just about to order but not sure soo need a once over of the menu. Another couple walks in so I say to them, "IF you know what you want, go ahead  we need another minute."

Guy says ok, steps up to the order taking guy (Sizzler type system) and says, "what would you suggest for a guy like me? What does this come with. What is this, what is that?". 

We were ready within the minute like I said but now I have to listen to this guy question the worker for 5 minutes. 

Pfft! If someone tells me to go ahead if I'm ready. I go if I AM ready.  If I'm not, il tell them I need time as well.  But I'll not go ahead holding someone back because I don't understand the offer. 😒

One of my good friends has very annoying habit, where often at a restaurant, she will ask the server what is their favourite/what's good.  Well, the point, this is in a restaurant where we go at least 6 times /yr. or more. The menu  has barely changed!!

I think she just wants to talk or  get on good side on server. I find it annoying. Sometimes she does order  a dish which I know darn well, she doesn't really like it that much.  Other friends don't do this sort of thing with servers..

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

One of my good friends has very annoying habit, where often at a restaurant, she will ask the server what is their favourite/what's good.  Well, the point, this is in a restaurant where we go at least 6 times /yr. or more. The menu  has barely changed!!

I think she just wants to talk or  get on good side on server. I find it annoying. Sometimes she does order  a dish which I know darn well, she doesn't really like it that much.  Other friends don't do this sort of thing with servers..

Oh my gosh. We had a friend who signed up to do an organized ride who lived fairly far from the start so we invited her to stay the night at our place. 

She accepted so we took her out to dinner for pasta the night before the ride. Nice place but she was so demanding and picky. Asking 1000 questions about the dish. Changing her mind several times. I could see the waitress getting annoyed. Can't blame the waitress. I was too. 🤣

She was a forum member from another site. Had to get some distance from that one after that. 😆😁😆

7 minutes ago, Mr Beanz said:

Oh my gosh. We had a friend who signed up to do an organized ride who lived fairly far from the start so we invited her to stay the night at our place. 

She accepted so we took her out to dinner for pasta the night before the ride. Nice place but she was so demanding and picky. Asking 1000 questions about the dish. Changing her mind several times. I could see the waitress getting annoyed. Can't blame the waitress. I was too. 🤣

She was a forum member from another site. Had to get some distance from that one after that. 😆😁😆

Unless the person does have an allergy/celiac/other medical condition, I find that actually  rude in restaurant. She is an adult. and if the menu wasn't that "foreign" to her. Clearly something happened on the way, how she was raised as a kid. She should know some baseline things she won't eat/try.   If  she can't make up her mind, she can ask for more time to read while server looks after waiting customer tables. Sure, I do take time reading menus....of which some are extensive (Chinese restaurants can be like that at times).

5 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Unless the person does have an allergy/celiac/other medical condition, I find that actually  rude in restaurant. She is an adult. and if the menu wasn't that "foreign" to her. Clearly something happened on the way, how she was raised as a kid. She should know some baseline things she won't eat/try.   If  she can't make up her mind, she can ask for more time to read while server looks after waiting customer tables. Sure, I do take time reading menus....of which some are extensive (Chinese restaurants can be like that at times).

Exactly. I will read the menu so I know what I'm getting. Plus I take my meals pretty much as is.

Drives me crazy as well when someone asks the server 100 questions asking WHAT'S IN THIS? 

Read the menu like I did 🤣😅🤣