Jump to content

some signs are meant to take seriously


bikeman564™
 Share

Recommended Posts



9 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yeah, like a spark plug!  Ok, it was not THAT bad but it was a shock!  

A spark plug will knock you on your ass but 460 volts  AC just F$%king hurts.....and you get a trip to the hospital. 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve been shocked by a welder and it wasn’t that bad. I think it has to do with how well you’re grounded. I just changed gloves and continued welding.

My Grandfather was a welder.  He always told me never to touch that stuff.  The little sticker with the electrocuted guy on it, is enough for me to stick to his rule.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

My Grandfather was a welder.  He always told me never to touch that stuff.  The little sticker with the electrocuted guy on it, is enough for me to stick to his rule.

I was welding wearing a pair of graphite soaked hot mill gloves and I went to my locker and got a new pair of gloves and didn’t have any more problem.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve been shocked by a welder and it wasn’t that bad. I think it has to do with how well you’re grounded. I just changed gloves and continued welding.

I've done that before and while TIG welding I've accidentally touched the filler rod to the tungsten. At that point you are no longer a welder you a part of a electrical circuit 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...