some signs are meant to take seriously

bikeman564™

9 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Yeah, like a spark plug!  Ok, it was not THAT bad but it was a shock!  

A spark plug will knock you on your ass but 460 volts  AC just F$%king hurts.....and you get a trip to the hospital. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve been shocked by a welder and it wasn’t that bad. I think it has to do with how well you’re grounded. I just changed gloves and continued welding.

My Grandfather was a welder.  He always told me never to touch that stuff.  The little sticker with the electrocuted guy on it, is enough for me to stick to his rule.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

My Grandfather was a welder.  He always told me never to touch that stuff.  The little sticker with the electrocuted guy on it, is enough for me to stick to his rule.

I was welding wearing a pair of graphite soaked hot mill gloves and I went to my locker and got a new pair of gloves and didn’t have any more problem.

• Heart 1

40 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I’ve been shocked by a welder and it wasn’t that bad. I think it has to do with how well you’re grounded. I just changed gloves and continued welding.

I've done that before and while TIG welding I've accidentally touched the filler rod to the tungsten. At that point you are no longer a welder you a part of a electrical circuit