Do you think sleepwalkers are pulling the wool over our eyes?

Randomguy

I was a sleepwalker as a child into my early teens. Sometimes I'd wake up and wonder WTF am I doing in the garage at 3 am. Other times one of my siblings or parents would lead me back to bed and tell me about it in the morning. Other times I probably walked around for a while and put myself back to bed without remembering.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

My son John fell out of the top bunk in his sleep. We heard a loud clunk when he hit the floor. My wife woke him up to see if he was ok and he was perfectly fine. Wondered why she was waking him up in the middle of the night.

My parents didn't want any of  us sleeping in upper bunk because of that possibility. So they stored piles of clean clothing and laundry up there...

• Heart 3

16 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

My son John fell out of the top bunk in his sleep. We heard a loud clunk when he hit the floor. My wife woke him up to see if he was ok and he was perfectly fine. Wondered why she was waking him up in the middle of the night.

When I was older, I did see several different siblings drift and fall slowly out of their bed in their sleep.  Rather amusing to actually see it, hanging on to pillow and duvet.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

When I was a junior enlisted we had an assistant squad leader who would answer his door for an alert but still be asleep.  He failed to report in after being “woken up” and so we knew to just grab his ass & bring him in. 

I literally saw him “wake up” in the car totally confused as to where he was or what was going on even though I watched him open the door. get dressed & walk to the car with me.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

The closest I came to sleepwalking was when I was prescribed Percocets to help me sleep after shoulder surgery.

I had the sensation that someone was trying to pull me out of bed by my leg and I struggled to gain consciousness to fight it off.

When I woke up, my knee was over the side of the bed and my leg was hanging down.

The doc had prescribed three percocets and wisely said, "If you have pain while trying to sleep the fourth night, take Tylenol and deal with it."

I ended up flushing the last of the three after that experience and falling endlessly the other night I took one.

I slept-ate once.  I ate half a blueberry loafy thing from a farmers market years ago when I was dating the quarrelsome ex (she wasn't over that night).  I intended to finish it the next morning for breakfast, but couldn't find it.  I looked everywhere I could possible put it, including places I normally or absnormally wouldn't.

Later I found the wrapper in the garbage, meaning I woke up and chowed and went back to sleep without remembering a thing.

• Heart 1