I think I may succumb to Amazon Prime

petitepedal

It's probably not worth it just for the free shipping, since you can often get things cheaper on other sites, some of which offer free shipping at relatively low order levels.  But if you order some things and would watch any of the amazon prime videos, it may be worth it. You might like the older Canadian series, Being Erica.

23 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:dontknow: I have resisted..because I usually only order 2 or 3 times a year..but I need to place a couple orders :whistle:

I originally got it because I needed a Garmin GPS system for my car in 2 days and Amazon shipping was $57 - then a pop-up invited me to try Amazon Prime free for a month and I'd get the package in 2 days with no shipping charge.

I intended to cancel within the 30 days, but then discovered Amazon Instant Video - a great substitute for cable TV-rerun, documentary, and movie channels.  Since I had cut cable it worked great!

Since then, I got Fios TV but I order small items from Amazon often enough that free shipping is worth the $120/year.  I used to to wait to order what I wanted until I had enough to qualify for free shipping ($35 back then) and it came fairly quickly, so the advantage for me is not having to wait when I only want a $12.99, etc. single thing.

We watch shows on BritBox with our Prime. They have this weekly nature program called Winterwatch that shows landscapes and night footage of animals. It’s very relaxing. I also watch the farmer show, This Farm Life. It’s like All Creatures, but for real. 

While I use it, many of which are next day delivery and no minimum. Now only single order as found out the hard way that saved both together for single delivery and received on the later date. Also use for free Prime TV movies and set up several play list on Prime Music for streaming during drives. 

Returns? Take them to Kohls and not only don't you have to re-pack and ship, but Kohls gives a $5 off coupon (one week time limit) for any items in Kohls which can be added to other discounts. Never have tried returning an item to Kohls as an Amazon Return, then purchase the same item cheaper with the $5 coupon. :whistle:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, donkpow said:

The number one reason I go with Amazon when compared to other sites is security. I don't have to pay a dozen people on a dozen sites when I shop Amazon. I pay Amazon. Done.

And when the mail screws up the delivery after two weeks or so Amazon refunds your money.  If the product is broken or the wrong size Amazon takes it back and refunds your money.  If the product is not as good as you thought it was Amazon refunds your money.   There's a trend here.  And, with free shipping you will often find that Amazon is cheaper.

On 1/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, maddmaxx said:

And when the mail screws up the delivery after two weeks or so Amazon refunds your money.  If the product is broken or the wrong size Amazon takes it back and refunds your money.  If the product is not as good as you thought it was Amazon refunds your money.   There's a trend here.  And, with free shipping you will often find that Amazon is cheaper.

I got a 50 dollar foot brace.  I suspect it worked as designed, but no as my PT wanted.  I tried to return it, they just gave me my money back and said keep it.

• Awesome 1