Email address?

Square Wheels

My firstnamelastname@gmail.com is a unique combination of names and so was available to me when I made an ISP change a few years ago. I had four email addresses with my previous ISP which I changed out to gmail addresses when I moved. Two of the others had to have numbers appended to them for me to get (almost) the same thing on gmail. The other one is a misspelling of a word that has significance to me. Oh, and I also still have a hotmail email address. That one gets the marketing spam emails.

Agree with the majority consensus. Use some combination of your name, perhaps with numbers appended, for an email address going to potential employers.

On 1/14/2022 at 11:43 AM, Square Wheels said:

Let's say you were going to communicate with a prospective employer, do you think they would be at all interested in your email address?  I've had mine with Gmail for 18 years.

The address I have is a comic strip character with some numbers after it.  In no way is it offensive.

Myfirstname.Mylastname@gmail.com is taken.

It worked for me. We still communicate via my e-mail. Which isn’t my name either.  And it’s in my resume.