Last time you ate dinner out of the home?

Dirtyhip

Since we moved in, it occurred to me that we never eat dinner out these days.  Last time we did that was sometime in Sept.  We are just far enough out now that it makes one just stay here.  I do eat lunch out of the house sometimes.   I can get a wonderful salad for $4.  The place I go loses money on salads for sure.  They do the salads cheap like that for a community health service. 

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Since we moved in, it occurred to me that we never eat dinner out these days.  Last time we did that was sometime in Sept.  We are just far enough out now that it makes one just stay here.  I do eat lunch out of the house sometimes.   I can get a wonderful salad for $4.  The place I go loses money on salads for sure.  They do the salads cheap like that for a community health service. 

Actually sitting down in a restaurant, on vacation (but also outside every time) :)  So, that was December.  And Christmas Day at my SiLs.  And we take-out once a week (so eat at home) and that was last Tuesday.

• Heart 2

My nephew Ryan's 21st birthday was Dec. 28th and about a dozen of us ate at a Mexican Restaurant and watched him drink his first legal alcoholic drink, a Margarita.

Even with all the flight cancellations, he's been very busy working all over the country and Mexico as a flight attendant so we were lucky to get a day with him.  With all the behavior problems on the airlines, I guess they like having a tall, broad-shouldered attendant who played nose tackle and tight end on his high school football team.

Prior to that, I've dined in a restaurant only once or twice in 2021.

20211228_122723_impr_900p.jpg.a00a9b81e0d7520951075f319bc67d06.jpg

• Heart 3

3 hours ago, MickinMD said:

My nephew Ryan's 21st birthday was Dec. 28th and about a dozen of us ate at a Mexican Restaurant and watched him drink his first legal alcoholic drink, a Margarita.

Even with all the flight cancellations, he's been very busy working all over the country and Mexico as a flight attendant so we were lucky to get a day with him.  With all the behavior problems on the airlines, I guess they like having a tall, broad-shouldered attendant who played nose tackle and tight end on his high school football team.

Prior to that, I've dined in a restaurant only once or twice in 2021.

20211228_122723_impr_900p.jpg.a00a9b81e0d7520951075f319bc67d06.jpg

He looks quite well supervised for his first encounter with alcohol. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Three times last year.  I didn't feel safe.  That's been it in two years.

I should have clarified, last time we took the food home.  That is likely why we no longer go.  The food would be likely be very cold by the time we got home.  The place we would go out to was right around the corner.  

• Heart 1