So who has the snow storm messing with them today?

petitepedal

8 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

LJ and PZ should be seeing flakes now. It will be 9ish for us. 

My weather app showed it started a half hour ago but it hasn’t started yet. Supposed to snow for the next 20 hours. If it’s moving slower than they predicted we will probably get more snow than predicted. They are predicting 6-12”

• Heart 3

11 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

It seems to me like a 12” synoptic event is more impactful than its equivalent lake effect event. Do you notice that, or maybe my imagination?

It can be because synoptic snow tends to be heavier and denser than Lake effect.

• Heart 2

I have to take a medical clearance form to my doctor in Hermitage. I think I’m just going to drive out through the 10” of snow in my driveway. My snow blower is behind my zero turn and the zero turn’s six year old battery can’t cut the mustard in this weather to get it started to move it. Maybe I’ll work on getting the snow blower out after I get back. I think the Pilot can handle driving through 10” of snow. They haven’t plowed my road yet so it will be 10” all the way to the end of my road.

• Heart 1

Well, the snow is mixed with ice, but I got the walk & drive shoveled and one car wiped down.  But we have no plans to go anywhere except maybe a walk later on. I wish the rain had kicked up and washed the snow away, but it was more a freezing rain/sleet even and that didn't help much despite temps to 40o today.