What streaming services do you have?

Kirby

The number of streaming services seems to be ever increasing.  Now when someone recommends a show, the odds are pretty good that I won't see it because I don't subscribe to the service.  Currently I only get Amazon Prime and Peacock (which I get free with my cable) and HBO Max.    So how about you?  Which services do you get and did you get them to substitute for dropping cable or just because they had programming you enjoy?

Just now, Kirby said:

The number of streaming services seems to be ever increasing.  Now when someone recommends a show, the odds are pretty good that I won't see it because I don't subscribe to the service.  Currently I only get Amazon Prime and Peacock (which I get free with my cable).    So how about you?  Which services do you get and did you get them to substitute for dropping cable or just because they had programming you enjoy?

Easier to list the ones I don't have :dontknow:

• Heart 2

38 minutes ago, Kirby said:

The number of streaming services seems to be ever increasing.  Now when someone recommends a show, the odds are pretty good that I won't see it because I don't subscribe to the service.  Currently I only get Amazon Prime and Peacock (which I get free with my cable) and HBO Max.    So how about you?  Which services do you get and did you get them to substitute for dropping cable or just because they had programming you enjoy?

The same as you but youngest son has netflix (he pays for it and we share)

• Heart 2

21 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I get Amazon Prime and it used to be my excellent, inexpensive substitute for cable TV.  Then the prices of low-cost DSL Internet rose dramatically in my area until they were more that high-speed Verizon Internet.  The Verizon Triple package for phone, Internet, and cable TV became too good to pass up, so I get FIOS TV now, though I still get Amazon Prime and enjoy it occasionally on my Smart-TV (has an app to run Amazon Instant Video, etc. directly from the router, no computer interface needed), especially shows like the Emmy Award winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel about a late-1950's, early 60's comedienne (played by Rachel Brosnahan: Emmy Award for Best Actress - Comedy, 3 Golden Globe Best Actress - Comedy Awards), sort of a female Lenny Bruce with racy-for-the-time routines whose socially conservative parents are played by Tony Shalhoub (Monk on Monk) and Marin Hinkle (Judith on 2 1/2 Men) and includes a lot of other big-name stars.  It explores a lot of the socially-acceptable changes that were going on in that era and I was there with similarly conservative parents!

• Heart 1

No cable but I do have someone elses log in for Spectrum so certain streaming apps that require either a subscription or a qualifying cable account will work for me. Primarily I use:

• Netflix (free from wifes Verizon phone account)
  • Disney (see above)
  • Hulu (see above, above)
  • Amazon Prime

I also use a media server software called Jellyfin that accesses my own personal server of TV shows and Movies. The experience is similar to any of the big names, smooth UI, trailers, actor information, subtitles, suggestions, etc. All with the beauty of it being content I control. I use a Sonarr (another self-hosted application) that allows me to add shows from other networks/services I don't have to a torrent app. These then capture every new episode, download it in the quality I want and add it to my local server. 
Not mine below but here is a screenshot of the interface from a TV:
51093509-f06feb80-17ef-11e9-980e-9154be18c793.PNG

• Heart 1

no cable. Have Sling, Netflix, Peacock( only for Yellowstone, will drop when done) Apple TV & Prime

Sling is for Pac 12 sports mostly. Netflix is supposed to be paid by T Mobile, Prime is piggybacking on the lovely Sara with an H ex husband account. I think Apple TV can be paid by T Mobile too

• Heart 1